1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 32 MPG Tank!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by MarkMN, Feb 5, 2008.

1. MarkMN

MarkMN New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Darwin, my 2007 Black Prius with 12,000 miles is celebrating its one year anniversary on Friday, and it has just emptied his worst tank ever for fuel economy.

I never though it was possible, but he averaged 32.1 MPG during the last 272 miles. He is down to one blip worth of gas so he's getting fed fuel tonight!

Weather has been between -10 and 10 for most of the miles driven lately, and without any long trips lately, he only goes about 2 miles per average trip (I live in the city, I don't need to drive very far). I drive conservatively and during the summer I usually get 45-55 MPG per tank depending on average trip length. So if any of you new owners in the north are worried about crappy gas mileage - remember, weather and driving lengths matter a great deal in mileage - no car does well at 0 degrees with short driving times.

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw 2 Prius in Adelaide yesterday that had visibly flat tyres. How's that, 2 in 1 day!

3. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sounds like you're a great candidate for an all-electric car. However, you'll freeze to death before you go those 2 miles!

4. MarkMN

MarkMN New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, I park in a parking garage with no electrical outlets, so an electric car just quite wouldn't work in my current living situation, and I already freeze to death in those 2 miles - the car doesn't warm up inside until the last few moments normally. I wouldn't even run the heater if it wasn't for the windows fogging up.

5. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Put it this way, if you were driving a V6...you probably averaged 18 mpg or probably worst than that. 2 miles is not a lot, but I hope you can give your Prius some long distance driving once in awhile. :cool: