1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 8000 miles report

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lpleiss, Jun 19, 2004.

1. lpleiss

lpleiss New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just passed 8000 miles in my #8 Salsa Red. I LOVE THIS CAR!!

Anyone who is worried about the light color beige fabric can just stop! Last week I stopped for take out spaghetti in the pouring rain. In a rush to get my daughter in her car seat I put the food in the front and it tipped over. Spaghetti sauce ran down the seat, I used a napkin to wipe up the bulk of it, then grabbed one of those Shout stain wipes from the glove box and you can't even tell it was there! (When it spilled it beaded up on the fabric)

A couple days ago on my way to work, my fuel light started flashing so I stopped for gas and reached down and pulled the lever to release the door. When I got out I realized it hadn't opened so I pulled it again, no response. I tapped the door a few times, and pulled again, nothing. I was starting to panick. After some wiggling, jiggling and pulling, it finally popped open. What gives? Is it electronic or mechanical? I think I will have the dealer check it when I go in for my 40D service.

I am only at 100 miles on this tank, but I am finally getting 50mpg on this tank! The temps have been in the low 70's here, and that is definitely helping!

Sorry for the multiple topics, I didn't want to create three separate posts. If you have ideas on the fuel door let me know!

Thanks!
    Luta

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

it's cable operated and you might just put a bit of candle wax on the latch were it catches the release lever. Also just check and make sure there are no burr's on the latch.