1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 8's coming, Should I add any options?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cdavid, Feb 20, 2006.

1. cdavid

cdavid Member

Other that floor mats, what else should I have the dealer or port add. Since I'm paying based on invoice, better get them now rather than later. I know I don't want Toyoguard. Anything else for my incoming Classic Silver?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    get mudflaps. they're easy to install yourself if the dealer wants too much money. ;)

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Rear bumper protector.

4. cdavid

cdavid Member

Is there a picture of this rear bumber applique? There's no photo of it on the Toyota website.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It's kinda hard to see. I mean it's not quite "The Emperor's Bumper Protector" (only true Prius owners will see it), but it's a thin applique. My Prius came with it, but this can be added later, for cheaper.

Take a look at a Prius in a parking lot. If the top of the rear bumper has "Prius" on it, that's the applique.

6. RunninDover

RunninDover New Member

You're in a warmer clime. Have you considered getting the windows tinted? It'll help keep you cooler this coming summer.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    But if he's getting this stuff at invoice, he can probably get the best price from his dealer.

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    gah! i don't know how people are getting this stuff at invoice! even employees aren't getting invoice!

well, maybe being an employee is bad at this particular time, you're stuck with "employee policy" or something.

sorry, that was OT, i'm just more and more irked that we paid MSRP when DH busts his butt 12 hours a day for toyota...

carry on :mellow:

9. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I suggest heated seats, although it may not be as necessary in North Carolina.

10. cdavid

cdavid Member

Yes, I would like heated seats, but I don't want to tear the seats apart. I waited 3 months for the package 8 because I wanted the neat factory workmanship. The few aftermarket leather installs (heated seats possible) didn't look too good.

11. jfritz

jfritz New Member

cdavid,
    I concur with the majority of the previous posts. I added most of them to my "8" Seaside too: floormats, rear bumper applique, mudflaps (did that myself) but I also got a 3M clear bra and the side body mouldings. I strongly recommend the last two. The day after I took delivery I drove it to a college basketball game. Some SOB in the parking lot smacked my drivers door good....but it was a direct hit on the body side moulding and with the exception of a little ding on the plastic coating everything is like new! Then, last week we had a snow/ice storm and the DOT threw down tons of sand and salt. I was following sombody in an SUV who was throwing up a ton of sand. It smacked the front of my Prii until I was able to slow down and avoid it. I washed it off today and *voila* no chips in the bumper or hood. The clear bra obviously worked based on other people's posts of how easy the paint chips. I'll be adding the chassis stiffening plate soon. Good luck and enjoy driving!