1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Advice for Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tempus, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Back in 1996, Toyota quit making the Camry Wagon.

[​IMG]

I know that at that moment, America was replacing their Wagons with SUVs, and sales were slow.

But I have friends who still have their Camry Wagons, and can't bring themselves to buy another car because it's exactly what they want.

Now that the pendulum is swinging back, and all the other auto makers are re-discovering station wagons, here's my advice to Toytoa.

Re-Introduce the Camry Wagon, and, initially, make it HSD ONLY.

I have a sneaking suspicion that would be a big hit.

2. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Man, I haven't seen one of those in years. It almost looks like a hearse donit?

3. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I would love a Prius Wagon! It shouldn't be hard to make! I would settle for a Camry Wagon Hybrid. I much rather buy a Wagon then a SUV, I don't need ground clearence.

4. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had a hearse once. It was a Caddy. Everywhere we went all heads turned. Then, people would ask us if we had any dead people in the thing. It was also VERY difficult to park. On a positive note, nobody went near it to steal it!

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    noone will sell theirs. anytime anyone brings theirs in to the dealer, they are super meticulous about maintaining it because they don't want to have to give up the car!

wouldn't be a bad idea to bring it back though, not a bad idea at all.

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Before I got the Prius, I looked for an Accord wagon. There was a new one out in Europe, but for reasons unknown to me, was not being imported. There might be a market for a Prius wagon, but the hatchback design is pretty close in terms of space and practicality.

My favourite hearse is the one from Harold & Maude, made from a Jaguar.

7. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Camry wagons and, for that matter, Corolla wagons---when Toyota felt like making them---were super. When Chrysler proved that there was profit in "going vertical" with their minivans, the van/SUV/crossover rush was on, and their proud ancestor was kaput. I bought a '97 Saturn wagon because Corolla wasn't making them. Last of the cool wagons: got 30/40, up to 44 MPG with cruise set at 75.

The first Honda Odysseys, which established that car as all-around "king of vans", was in fact half station wagon, just elevated, with no sliding doors. In many ways an ideal vehicle---but they could only wring 20-25 MPG from the four-banger.

8. gjertsen

gjertsen Junior Member

Isn't the Matrix essentially a Corolla Wagon? I was initially looking at the Matrix when I discovered the Prius was a hatchback. Believe it or not, it was that -- not the fuel efficiency -- that was the initial draw. When Bush signed the tax credit, I looked at the Prius even more seriously...

But a HSD Matrix would be pretty cool.

9. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was not even mildly interested in the first generation Prius because they did not have the space and versatility I needed. The Prius solved many of those issues for me. A wagon would be much easier to design for aerodynamics, more so than the SUV shape yet give similar interior space. You know Toyota watches these threads so you never know what might show up in a couple years. I loved our old Toyota Wagon.

10. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I remember the reason we went with the Subaru Outback is because Toyota had stopped making the Camry wagon.

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, there was a gen 4 Camry wagon from 98-01. It was sold in Australia lol.