1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Barcelona red '06 is in, but....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by spinjunkie53, Dec 31, 2005.

1. spinjunkie53

spinjunkie53 New Member

Just test drove my new 2006, however, it has the package C with backup camera which i really dont want to spend the extra money for. I only wanted side airbags package B. My questions:
    1. What are the chances of the dealer finding another dealer to do a swap to get me the barcelona red with package b. Has anyone seen an 2006 with just package B?
    2. Does anyone think the backup camera is really worth the extra money? Seems like it would be one more thing to break.
    3. Does anyone think it would be advisable to wait to see if a barcelona red will eventually come in with package B?
    WHen the dealer took my deposit back in November, they told me they were "ordering" the car I wanted with the features I had requested. I guess that was a line of BS.

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

well, if it is not what you ordered then I would say this NOT YOUR Barcelona red '06

3. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Where Are You?

What do Package B and C contain where you live?

Thanks,

4. Wynder

Wynder New Member

If you've looked out the back of a Prius, you'd probably notice is quite a nice option. Though I've driven in New York for a year and can now parallel park a compact or mid-size car just about anywhere, I'd still feel much comfortable with the back-up camera for help.

5. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What region are you in? Go to Toyota.com and type in your zip code and see what packages are available in your area.

On the other hand, I think package C is well worth the little bit extra cost. You not only get the back up camera, you get the smart key system and MP3/WMA capability for the $175 extra.

You may also get the better resolution Multi Function Display for the back up camera to work.

I say accept it gladly and and enjoy it :D

1 GY $650
    • Driver & front passenger seat-mounted side and front & rear side
    (unchanged) curtain airbags

2 HE $825
    • Backup Monitor
    • smart Key system
    • MP3/WMA playback capability, and auxiliary audio input miniplug

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah if you're only talking $175 more and you get the cam and the sks that's a no brainer. Even if it were say $400 more I'd still go for it, the SKS and cam are nice additions for that price.

7. katwoman

katwoman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    When I asked my dealer if I could order a 2006 Prius to my specifications I was told that they can't do that; that I have have to wait until a package comes in that I like. I would like the package 7, which is the navigation, but no leather. Color I hope to get is silver pine mica, or failing that the barcelona red. I have never heard of not being able to order a car with the options that you prefer.

8. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh wow! Glad I read your post. I might switch my option from #8 to #7. I like the fabric instead of the leather. For some reason I though I had to get an #8 to get the Navigation system. I guess I would go with either package #7 or package #8 cause either way I will be installing seat cushions as well.

9. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Geesh, Traceybeans, you started out with a Package 1 wondering if a Package 2 was worth the extra money. Now you are between a package 7 or 8?

We are getting you carried away with option lust. :lol:

I have gone thru the same cycles, so I totally understand. In my opinion, anything more than Package 4 is beyond "need" -- but I am thinking package 7 too. :lol:

10. Springtime

Springtime Member

It might help to refer to the package # or the two letter code of the package, the reason being that package "B" has a different meaning depending upon which region you are in. For example PA offers package #2, 6, 7, &8. In PA they are pkg A,B,C and D. If you are in another region offering pkg # 2,3,4,6 they are also pkg A,B,C and D.

From your post I am not sure if you wanted pkg#1 (GY) which is airbags only, but got Pkg #2 (HE) which is Smart Key and backup camera but no airbags or got pkg #3 (HG) which is airbags, backup camera and smart key.

A pkg #1 adds $650 to the base price, Pkg #2 adds $850, pkg #3 adds $1475.
    If you are going from pkg #1 to pkg #2 you loose the airbags you wanted. To get the airbags and smart key/backup camera you have to go up to pkg #3 which is an additional $850 more than just the pkg #1.

OK, now I have confused everyone! What I wanted to point out is that combinations A,B,C &D refer to different packages depending upon where you are located.

It sounds like you wanted pkg #1 (air bags only) and the car you drove was pkg#3 which includes airbags, smart key and backup camera. If that is the case they are trying to get an additional $850 for things you originally did not want.

Springtime

11. spinjunkie53

spinjunkie53 New Member

I am from LI , NY. The Package 3 (also known as combo C) I am referring to Includes: Driver and front passenger front seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags [3], AM/FM CD w/6 speakers, aux. audio jack and MP3/WMA playback capability, Smart Key System, and backup camera .
    What i want is package 1 (also known as combo B) which Includes: Driver and front passenger front seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags [3].(GY).

Interesting to note, when I printed off the configuration I wanted (using my zip code) from the toyota website, I was able to select package 1/comb B, but the salesperson said that is not available in NY. Who should I believe???? Sales person also said I have to take the mats, the car comes like that, which I also think is a crock. However, they have agreed to sell at MSRP, so, perhaps I should take it and run. Edmunds and Blue Book show that others in my area are paying almost $1500 over MSRP for this car.

12. bad monkey

bad monkey New Member

I just bought my '06 prius teusday and i love the backup camera. I love it, because it is so hard getting used to the relatively short rear end. To be able to see BELOW the window for glass bottles and genreally things you may miss through the rear widow.