1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Best Tank Yet

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Catskillguy, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

My best tank yet. My overall since taking delivery in the cold NE is about 50.

This last tank, with overnight temps in the 40s, day time 60s was 54.2. Nothing unusual about the commute, just the normal combo of Interstate and local roads. The car is about 6500 miles, so it could be a combination of the overall temps and 5000 post improvement.

It makes me think when I was wavering on my purchase decision as gas prices went into the 2.10- 2.20 range late last year... Now I look around and... ahhhh., the air of smugness! :p

2. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congratulations on the good results! It does indeed come at a good time with gas prices just going up an up.

Here's to your next tank being above 55mpg!

3. cary1952

cary1952 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats on your best tanks, and rather than start a new topic, I thought I would add my best tank to this link.

Yesterday, at 2500 miles, I just broke 50 mpg for the first time. Indicated was 49.00 . Calculated was 51.25. I always fill to the first shutoff at the same station. I know this is not perfectly acurate , but it is how I have been doing it since day one, so I was very excited! My 50+mpg was virtually all highway with speeds between 55-75, mostly at 60 or 65.

Cary in S.Dakota

4. finally_got_one

finally_got_one New Member

Yesterday I took the first 'long trip' (> 20miles) in my Prius when I took my wife to LAX from Orange County. Before we started, I refilled the tank and reset the MFD. At the end of the trip, 58.6 mpg. And this was on freeways (91, 605, 105). As of today, after coming to work, 59.2 mpg. :D