1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My c

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by tgpii, Jan 4, 2014.

1. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My 2012 Prius C 2 sits on driveway. I live about ½ southwest of Chicago. So fair all winter it has started up. Also, it handled decent in the snow. Last winter I got stuck once in snow, cause I parked in on the street. This year I have yet to get stuck. Yes the traction control light has come on often You just need to learn how to drive. Slow down, car starts to slip stop pressing the pedals Sometimes if I see snow on the road I drop into low gear/B gear. My Prius C loves heat so it takes a little longer in the winter for the mpg to crank up. I do wish it had a engine heat gauge, not so the vehicle overheats but to know when a good time to turn the heater on would be. Also, this is my first car with a rear wiper and it rocks. I am use to stick shift but the CVT has been great in the snow. Yes if I drove like a jerk I could get it stuck, but you need to learn how to drive. People drove with rear drive cars for years and we got around. Thanks and stay warm. I did notice my poor Prius C got a small scratch on the hood but it can buff out, I mean hey the thing sits/sat outside during a snow storm. Also I do recommend the Weather tech floor liners not the mats but the liners. When I bought mine they had liners for the front and mats for the back. OK I will Stop now. :D

carolD likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great write up, glad you're enjoying your c, all the best!(y)

3. jgilliam1955

jgilliam1955 Sometime your just gotta cry! 2013 Prius 4.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the tips. This will be my first winter with mine. We don't get much snow, so it is good to know when it does snow.