1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My car has a bug!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by AOV, Jul 19, 2007.

1. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Got into the car this morning and there it was....a dead fly! right in front of the instrument controls. I thought that I will just whoosh it away...but...I soon realized that its somewhere in between. Its just right there just 1/6" under the "B". I can't get to it. The question is....how did it get in there? and the big question is....how do I get it out? I don't see it being possible....maybe it just has to remain there, and I will have to live with the remains? yuk.

2. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What you see as the display is really a reflection of the actual display. The display itself is flat recessed into the dash. If you reach towards the windshield, you will see that you can interupt the projection of the display. If you clean the glass that is recessed into the dash, you'll get that bugger.

3. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nyconrad @ Jul 19 2007, 11:33 AM) [snapback]481590[/snapback]</div>
    I did not know that, boy do I feel stupid. Let's keep this between you and me ;) ...for my husband would have had a big laugh about it.

4. ACORNBLUES

ACORNBLUES New Member

the dash display is actually a projected/mirror system. the fly may be laying the lense (front/bottom) not on the mirror. let us know if thats the case

5. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ACORNBLUES @ Jul 19 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]481853[/snapback]</div>
    Serves me right for not reading the manual cover-to-cover....which page is that on?
    Proves also to me that technology has improved so much, that I have not been keeping up with it...my last new car was purchased in 1995 and there were no projected/mirror system of any kind at that point. (well...not that I know of).
    Yeah, the bug is gone....it was just too simple, once I got to know my car.

Is there anything else I should know?

6. jiepsie

jiepsie New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AOV @ Jul 20 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]482144[/snapback]</div>
    Bugs also tend to collect on the front bumper and they're not that easy to remove. No new technology there since 1995 ;-)