1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Car is a STAR!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Widdletink, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi All,

Well, thanks to PriusChat my beautiful Silver '05 got some of the recognition that she deserves. I responded to a request for a car to film for a festival short film and my car was selected to be the "dream car" for the lead in the piece.

I told them that as long as nothing derogatory about hybrids in general and this car in particular, was to be said or done in the film and as long as I was the only one to actually drive my car they could use her.

Saturday the three of us (me, hubby and car) trekked down to Culver City to have my car appear in a film short entitled "Prius Envy" directed by a young up and coming director named Joel Allen Schroeder. He was doing a 7 minute comedy about one man's obsession with trying to buy a Prius of his very own.

We arrived at Miller Toyota in Culver City at 9 AM and had a couple of moments to cruise the lot and check out what they had in stock as far as Prius' go while the crew finished shooting another scene. Incidentally, this dealership had 10 cars available on the lot, 11 if you also count the 2003 they have that is used. Two of the new cars are Pkg. 1's (I had never actually seen those in the flesh before) the remaining cars were all 6's. Colors available were white, silver, black and one seaside. All appear to be offered at MSRP.

Anyhoo, after they finished shooting their interior scene the director and producer came out to drool over my car (and thank us profusely for bringing her). Then, to my and especially my hubby's surprise asked if we would be able to do a little walking in the background to liven up the scene. I had only expected to have my car in the picture, but boy, was I glad that I decided to go ahead and put on a little makeup that day.

Once they finished their shot (and we finished feigning interest in a 2004 BMW), we walked over to where the bank of new Prius' were clustered. I answered questions for all concerned about the cars (everybody involved was a big time enthusiast, but none own one...yet).

In due course, as the Producer Christina and I chatted I joked even though I am an actress, as usual my things have a better career than I do. Well, imagine my surprise when after they finished with the shots at the dealership and we were assembling to go to the location where my car was to be filmed, the Director and Producer had a little confab and decided to put me in the movie as well!

After shooting my very brief scene (where I am sure I pretty much made a fool of myself), we adjourned to a quiet side street where my beautiful car took her rightful place - center stage!

The script called for my car to glide silently into the scene (typecasting) being driven by a beautiful woman (aah, the magic of Hollywood). I took my car once around the block with the lights off (I drive with them always on, both for safety and because I think it looks good on the car) and AC off as well coasting as much as possible to bump up the battery by a couple of bars to ensure that the ICE would not kick in and blow the shot.

Then, after the director called action I smoothly cruised into the shot*. There was only one tiny problem. They were recording the sound of the car driving up and... there wasn't any noise, not a crunch, not a fan, not a thing. We wound up doing the take about 6 times as the sound of the mic cord scraping on the ground was louder than my car. Boy, were they all amazed. I have to admit, I was too, as this was my first chance to really use "stealth mode" with any kind of an audience. (*See photo one attached)

Next, we parked the car in the street and I traded places with the "real" beautiful girl Paula** (who spent most of her time in the car exclaiming about how amazing it was and how much she liked it). They completed the scenes and then we all set out to get lunch with folks clamoring to be able to be the ones who got to ride with my hubby and me in the Prius. (**See photos two & three attached)

The only downside to letting my car appear in this film is that now that she is a "star" I am going to have to clear road trips with her agent to ensure that they don't interfere with her "image" LOL.

The film was being made for distribution via the Film Festival Circuit and should be appearing in the Amazon.com/Tribeca Film Festival. As soon as I know when it is up and running, I will let everyone know so that they can take a peek at this fun (and by all appearances) funny film.

Thank you PriusChat for helping me meet this wonderful and talented group of people!

Take care all and have a great week!

Tisza and her Movie Star Car

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    WOW! I didn’t know that beautiful girls from the L.A. area could be “real†:p

. . . but that IS one really beautiful car! :mrgreen:

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's awesome!

Congrats!!!

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    that's cool *grin* :)

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Belle and Sasha are very jealous!!!

6. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

How wonderful! My son used our Avalon in his first movie (last act of Death of a Salesman for English class). Cut to a miniature going up in flames on a bridge (!).

So what kind of a trailer does a Prius retreat to between shots (as in "I'll be in my trailer.")?

A movie trailer?

Can't wait to see the film. Does the amazon connection mean it will be screened online?

7. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi All,

Yes, my understanding of the Amazon Tribeca Film Festival is that it screens films online and then the films that get the most audience votes win.

I am sure that as soon as the film is up and running the director and I will both let you all know so that you can take a gander and vote your little hearts out.

Oh, and it was a favored nations deal, so my car decided not to pull a star trip despite her stature. LOL

Take care,

Tisza

8. dbarry

dbarry Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    From Amazon
    How long will the competition run?

Films may be submitted through April 13, 2005. Customers will be able to begin viewing films April 18.

Who will judge the films?

Amazon customers will be the judges. Anyone with an Amazon customer account may view and judge the films, which will be presented on a random basis during the first round of competition. After viewing a film, the customer will be asked to give it a rating of 1 to 5 stars and will be invited to comment on it as well. The five eligible films that receive the highest ratings will proceed to the second round of competition, which will last 30 days. During this round, each of the five films will be featured on the Amazon welcome page for a six-day period, and customers will be invited to view and rate any or all of them, as they choose.