1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My car is coming??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 2ewes4me, May 18, 2007.

1. 2ewes4me

2ewes4me Junior Member

Greetings! I've been lurking a bit while we test drove and decided to buy a Prius.

Signed a contract (for 2 weeks) and put $200 down at dealer in WI since they didn't have the 2007 model #
    & color in stock. Salesman said they'd search for one. He called yesterday to say they'd located one- the car had arrived in port on the 11th and they hoped it would arrive by the end of the month.

My excitement at getting a 'fresh off the boat' car for my FIRST new car has given way to some worries....the first being, can anyone tell me the timeline of a car arriving in port on the west coast and getting to a dealership accross the country?
    And secondly, is there a chance another dealership would get this particular car?
    What's the process for dealers getting 'dibs' on the cars just arriving from Japan?
    Should I be getting a VIN number at this point?

Would appreciate hearing from anyone having gone through similar sale- thanks much!