1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My dealer is sold out of 2006's

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by amped, Oct 13, 2005.

1. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    FYI, my dealer called today and kindly asked me to stop referring potential Prius customers to him! Almost all of his entire estimated Prius allocation for next calendar year is sold out. He's no rural dealer either, but a typical sizable Portland Metro store. He said word is really getting out on the Energy Act tax credit, and he can no longer assure anyone that their Prius will be delivered in time to receive the new Federal credit. The thought occurred to me that he may have received direction from the owner to hold off and take the low road (bidding wars), but he's never done that in the past.

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    The warning shot across the bow.

It'll only get worse.

3. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

I don't know if this will happen in CA but it's exactly why I didn't wait for '06 model. If this goes like I envisioned then not only will you pay $500 or so more for the new model but dealers will continue charging the premiums. And those premiums will likely be more than a few thousand like they have been. This may be a fluke with a few small dealers though.

One thing to think about if you are on a list is that many people put themselves on several lists, so when thier car arrives from one dealer they back out of the other lists which moves you forward pre-maturely. It is good to get on a few lists but don't put a down unless it's in writing that you can get your money back before delivery with no questions.