1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My dealer says no black exterior with tan interior!?!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ProwessIntrepid, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ProwessIntrepid

ProwessIntrepid New Member

I was finally able to order a 07 Prius Touring a few days ago. :lol: I wanted black exterior with tan interior. My dealership calls me today and says that that combination has been discontinued even though it is in the brochure, website, and Toyota customer care said that it is available in my area. :blink: Does that mean that my dealership doesn't want to find me one or what? The Toyota care person told me to go to a different dealership who is willing to locate the vehicle I want. :angry: Whats going on?

I woke up with :) and at lunch time :eek: and now i'm at :angry: but I have to say that using more than necessary smilies always makes me feel better. :D

2. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ProwessIntrepid @ Sep 22 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]323537[/snapback]</div>

I have a 06 black with tan interior. This is not the car I actually ordered, but I got it because it became available 2 months before the arrival of the Prius I ordered. Tan looks nice, but if I were you, I would buy the gray. Tan shows dirt easily.

3. quagmire0

quagmire0 New Member

If everyone *but* the dealer says it's available, the dealer is BS'ing you.

What a coincidence though, since I'll be picking up my Black 'n Tan tomorrow. :lol: By another coincidence, it was also my second choice. My first, (grey int) wasn't guaranteed to arrive before 9/30.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Perhaps the dealer doesn't know what he's talking about??

My #1 & only choice was a 2006 Black/tan...but I have leather so I don't have to worry as much about dirt or stains showing up on the seats compared with the darker gray interior. It's a very pretty color combo, IMO. My last car was also black/tan and I wanted to continue that combo with my Prius purchase...

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Hi ProwessIntrepid

Did you try "Build your Prius" on Toyota.com? The 2007 version appeared in the Texas area just a couple of days ago. Seems this process actually lists the interiors provided with a specific exterior color.

Perhaps the MD area distributer is limiting what combinations will be shipped to their area.

6. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  7. ProwessIntrepid

ProwessIntrepid New Member

I think that my dealer had a black/grey coming in and didn't want to have to trade. I called the dealer back and said that black/bisque does exist and that I wanted one or I would get one from somewhere else. He said he would check and call me back on monday :angry: with whether they could get one or not. I was thinking about driftwood pearl if not black (driftwood only comes with bisque :p ) but I can't find many pictures of one. Its kind of a weird color but its slowly growing on me. Also I think red or white would attract criminals more so than the other colors. I hate criminals by the way. I have to worry about my HID headlights, and somebody towing my car away. What happened to the police and good people?

8. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Good Luck! I have the driftwood with the bisque interior.Bisque will show dirt easier than gray but love the color.the driftwood color wasnt my first choice but ive grown to like it alot. It hides the dirt verrry well.

9. sub3marathonman

sub3marathonman Active Member

I have the seaside pearl with bisque interior. I think it looks great and I've never had any problem with dirt or stains. Of course, I try to keep every surface covered with a towel.