1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My EBT.. (video of losers using tax payer money to buy crap)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by F8L, Sep 20, 2011.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought some of you would be annoyed with this video and our system. lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64Fz-KW1Dk]Raw Video " MY EBT " by @MREBT ( OFFICIAL VIDEO ) - YouTube[/ame]

2. Comrad_Durandal

Comrad_Durandal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    People misusing public assistance money in stupid ways - news at 11? Whenever you make the decision to help the less fortunate, you will have a certain degree of people who will abuse or 'game' the system. You just have to work out ways to trip them up enough that it's more work to abuse the system than get a real job. The people who -need- assistance shouldn't lose it because of the people who don't.

3. djras

djras New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My 88 year old mother uses all the $16 per month in EBT on real groceries.

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You don't get it, do you? It's better to let 1,000 families starve than to let one guy buy Fritos with his EBT.

5. djras

djras New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Doh!!

Now I understand... That is how they want to cut the costs of these programs... starve them to death... provide no medical care (because they cannot afford private insurance)... thus reducing number of people that need the help.

my bad!!

6. Shin Chan

Shin Chan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It is called the 10-80-10 rule. 10% of population are criminals and will always be so, another 10% are good and never break the law ever, and the remaining 80% will if given the right set of circumstances break the law.

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I didn't even know what EBT was until I looked it up a few months ago. I was stuck in line at the supermarket with a friend behind someone trying to use EBT when the store's EBT system was down. I don't think she knew was EBT was either.

I'd known about food stamps for ages and years ago read an article about it being renamed SNAP and being in the form of a debit card. I'd forgotten about the EBT TLA (or it might not have even been mentioned).

On this note, I remember hearing about food stamp scams when I was up in the Seattle area like Feds leave, fraud returns to Seattle neighborhood | KING5.com Seattle. I also happened to stumble across these older stories: Seattle food stamp scam, feds pounce Seattle's International District (Video) - Seattle Headlines | Examiner.com, More than a million dollars in food stamp fraud at two Seattle grocers - KCPQ and Local News | 3 people charged with food-stamp fraud in Chinatown International District | Seattle Times Newspaper.