1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My first break-in trip with the new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Paul Gregory, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Paul Gregory

Paul Gregory Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Not to break in the engine per say, but to break myself into all the nuances and features on a longer trip, 1500k in all.

• I learned that the lane following feature fails on sharper curves. Not the safest thing, if you're not paying attention. A "curvy road" warning sign appears on the panel.
    • The traffic jam assist kicks in when you need it. Most welcome.
    • I finally learned how to use the lane-change feature correctly; just lightly pull the signal lever (not to the click) and the car will do the lane change most times correctly.
    • I am much less tired after a long trip, thanks to the adaptive cruise control and the lane following feature.
    • The audio player will sometimes go silent while playing an audio file (must be a bug) but you can restore it by cycling through the sources with the "source" button. Incidentally, holding the source button for one second works as a "mute" or "pause" button.
    • The car will sometimes say, "closed eyes detected," when they are not. Making googly eyes resets it.
    • I briefly saw a message saying something like, "Do you consent to making a recording of your face" but it disappeared before I could answer. What was that about?
    • Quite a few other things I can't think of right now.

#1 Paul Gregory, Apr 16, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
  2. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yep that "smart" cruise control is very neat...and I like how we can set it to follow close, medium, and a bit back...mine is always a bit back.

I work on a military base so it's been 100% ID checks ever since 911. Sometimes the gates are overwhelmed and the 2-3 km line just crawls but the cruise control works perfect.

3. Paul Gregory

Paul Gregory Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Yep, set it to maximum distance for piece of mind, but set it closer if you want to save fuel, and it's not irritating the other driver.