1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My First Car

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by untitledblue, Jun 4, 2009.

1. untitledblue

untitledblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well after living in a city for 2 years where having a car is a necessity I finally got one. About 3 months ago I purchased a '09 Prius. It's great, I love it very much (However, I do wish the seats were automatic). Anyway, my question is this....what are these 'tricks' that I've briefly viewed in the forums about driving? I mostly drive on the highway and get 36.22Mpg. I'd like to get more 'bang for the buck' but typically I drive around 60-74mph (highway) and 30-40mpg (city).

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks!

2. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would take a look at the Fuel Economy forum. In there are several accounts of how to maximize your mileage. How long are your trips? Short trips (10 minutes or less) really take a hit mpg wise. Tire pressure, proper oil level, wind, use of AC, all have an effect on mpg. I have been getting around 57 mpg for the last two tanks. Efusco (one member here) recently had a tank where he got 76 mpg. Depending on how you want to drive the Prius, you can make a huge difference in your results.

Best of Luck!

3. marktoyota

marktoyota New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    where is pic of you car? can you please put you car pic.