1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My First Day Driving It!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Wynder, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Wynder

Wynder New Member

An absolutely pleasure to drive... everything, all of the controls a smooth as hell. I think I've pretty much mastered how to interpret the information on the MFD as well as doing a decent job with pulse & gliding.

I like the tinting on the back window for night driving -- I doubt my auto-mirror flipper thingy will ever need to operate because it makes for perfect night driving conditions.

I get a little impatient with the speech reconition giving me instructions every single time (hack please?!), but outside of that, I'm really enjoying the technology. The car had 9 miles or so and 13.4MPG, so I've been trying to get that up... after 125 miles, it's up to about 34MPG.

I'm glad I bought this car!

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congratulations Wynder!!!! grrrrrrrrrr :lol:

3. shawn7

shawn7 New Member

I'm glad we bought one also. I was driving yesterday (looking for land to purchase) and was doing about 35mph at 100 mpg. Lasted a few minutes, but that's the fastest I've gone w/the ICE off. I can do 30mph easily.. but anything over that is hard to keep.

Congrats on your new purchase.

~Shawn

4. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

The more we drive ours, the cooler it is. Our Tahoe hasn't move from the driveway in 2 weeks.
    The Prius had 4 miles on it when we picked it up. We averaged 25MPG on the way home from the dealership. Was a little worried, but the first tank wound up being about 410miles with a MFD average of 44.5, in cold weather. I'm on the 2nd tank and averaging 45.5 so far. Just keeps getting better the more I learn. I find myself driving the speed limit and in no hurry anymore. :huh:

Now to get the windows tinted.

The bluetooth is absolutely wonderful!!!

I also love being able to tap the cruise control up or down to vary the speed.!!!

I'm thinking the first several miles, the Prius is doing a big charge on the HV battery, thus a little lower MPG, but it'll come up.

Heck, I gotta go drive it around the block. :p

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Too cool!.... Wow thats really tight!.. thanks for letting us know so I don't freak out!...
    Thats an amazing difference with a hundred miles of driving to loosen things up.... things must be really tight at first!...
    I wonder if normal ICE engines are that tight to start?...

I'm jealous!!!

6. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

So you are ok with the toyota cruise control? I am thinking I am going to miss having my CC on the steering wheel but I suppose I will have plenty of buttons to fiddle with on there and keep e happy.... Ooooo I want voice activated cruise control now that would be fun and a lawsuit waiting to happen "well officer I told the car to go 40 mph, its not my fault it went 70... write that ticket out to toyota please" J/K

Thanks for the thoughts on the new car, Enjoy!

7. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

Absolutely, it's handy, yet out of the way.

And yes, plenty of other buttons to fiddle with. :p