1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

my first dent...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by draheim, Apr 15, 2010.

1. draheim

draheim Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    :(...

Last night I was backing out of the driveway in my 2-week-old (!) Prius and ran into the yard waste bin that I hadn't yet retrieved from the street. (Why do they design those bins to have rounded hard-plastic corners jutting out right at waist height?!)

I was literally on my way to refill the tank for the first time and adjust the tire pressure! (Got a new Accu-Gauge H Series in the mail yesterday from getagauge.com - thanks for the tip, PriusChat) If not for the convergence of the delivery of my new tire gauge with our weekly garbage/yard waste pickup schedule, this accident would never have happened... or, I suppose, if I had bothered to look behind me while in reverse...

So anyway, now there are two little dents about 6 inches apart on the driver's side rear quarterpanel. It's possible the package I got at the dealer will cover repair of these dings - the first ding and first rock chip are supposedly on them. And I also know of a guy in the area who does mobile dent repair, and has great reviews from many satisfied customers.

Still. I am bummed. This is the first brand-new car I ever bought and I was hoping to keep it pristine for at least a month...

Just some misery looking for a little company.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bummer to hear. The second day I had mine, I was spraying undercoat and managed to strike a door with the handle of my floor jack. It appeared to peel off the clear coat but not the rest so fortunately it is hard to see.
    It happens...

3. Beauregard

Beauregard Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Our two week old Prius with 843 miles on it got clipped in the rear bumper by an unknown car that was pulling out of a parking space behind. Two weeks and less than a 1000k miles. Sigh.................Drivers who hit a car then continue on hold a special place in my heart.

4. draheim

draheim Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    At least in my case I have only myself to blame. That is a real bummer. Sorry to hear.

5. Beauregard

Beauregard Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Happy Ending!

The hit-n-split took place on a street by my wife's office. It was a deep scratch all the way through the paint, gouging the poly bumper. The run vehicle left about 3" of dark blue paint on my bumper. I measured the height of the scratch off of the pavement and then took pictures.

I then filed a hit and run police report last night with a local policeman who was thrilled to be doing paperwork on what he considered a "scratch".

This morning I went back to where my wife had parked and what do you know, there was a dark blue beater minivan parked in the spot where the run vehicle would of been yesterday. AND...it still had the pearl white paint of my bumper on their passenger front bumper! I took a cellphone picture of the run vehicle damage with a tape measure showing the height of the run vehicle damage. I then called the local police to come take a look.

The police ran the license plate and got the name of the registered owner. The owner is one of my wife's co-workers.... when contacted she "said" she had no idea she had hit anything. Yeah right.

Brass tacks is I got her insurance information and filed a claim. They told me to just take it in and get it fixed.

Sometimes it pays to do your own investigative work!

6. Jolly Paul

Jolly Paul Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Come on... let it out... VENT! VENT! VENT!

He's nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worm! Hanging's too good for him. Burning's too good for him! He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive! :mad2:

Ahhh, that's better.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Next time buy the NAV package.

8. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have had many parking lot injuries repaired beautifully by mobile dent repair. For most dents a good repairman can completely remove them. I used a company called Dent Wizards. I have had dents removed about once a year on every car I have leased going back to 1997. I have never regretted having it done...makes the cars like new again.

9. draheim

draheim Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Next time I'll just look where the *$%# I'm going

10. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Yes, get someone like ding king Paintless Dent Removal!!
    They do a great job.Had a volvo was dark blue
    door ding after it was done I could not see it !!
    Cost like $45 dealer set it up when I had service.
    My car was a week old.It's a bummer!!