1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My First Milestone!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by kente777, Feb 23, 2006.

1. kente777

kente777 New Member

This is my fifth tank in my new '06 and for the first time I hit 500 miles per tank. My total was 522 with an MFD MPG of 59.8. I calculated the mileage at 58.5 so it was pretty close.

The neat thing is is that I had just lost the 2nd blip so I probably had at least another 50-60 miles. Also, the weather lows have averaged anywhere from the mid 30's to the lower 60's so I really think I can easily maintain 60 mpg in the warmer months. I might even be able to get to 70 mpg.

So my next goal is 600 miles per tank.

god, I love this car!!

Ken

2. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I can do that too! only if temp in NY is in 50's! :p

Anyways... congrad on ur 500 mile tank!

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wtg kente777... only problem with your area is heat. if it gets too hot and you start using air, that will hurt. i will say that the warmer it gets, the better the mileage. i tracked my mileage on my daily commute because i was hoping it would be short enough and a trip i drive often enough to be a good gauge against temps and mileage. well its only 7.4 to 8 miles one way (large parking lot) and i have verified increased mileage all the way up to the mid 80's. (not willing to drive without air at any higher temps)

also when temps hit the 70's more or less, the ride home in the evening is done with the drivers side window down which is supposed to reduce mileage albeit probably not very much since my speed on the trip is 35 mph.

4. pstpierre

pstpierre New Member

Haven't seen 50 degees for my car yet. Got it new in January and I'm getting 42-45MPG so far. Live in Maine. Looking forward to warmer weather.

5. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I want a 500 mile tank! :( I chickened out yesterday, my 4th fillup, with 490 miles showing. But, I was only getting 49.6 this tank, which is actually my worst so far. Its been very blustery the last few days, which has meant fighting some pretty strong headwinds, pulling my mileage down. And, we had a few 80 degree days, so I've been running the AC half the time.
    I guess I need to try harder this tankful! :D