1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MY first post wooho lol

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by supra90, Oct 15, 2008.

1. supra90

supra90 New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    hello everyone
    I am new here, well i been reading for 4 day trying to learn everything i can
    about the Toyota Prius
    my only experience with this car was a few years ago,taking a battery from the salvage yard in pieces to build a 14.4 battery for car audio the project it work.

now i was going to do it again and found a 2001 Prius for sale on ebay
    its been crash at front hard right side, the owner of the car got both new batteries and inverter replace at the dealer last year they look new i was going to take them out but i have decide to try to repair this car the damage is on the right side very close to the engine , the metal was pull radiators and fans are destroy and the rear right axle came of from the engine and the fuse box got a little damage but i can fix the 2 cables that are damage and replace the singe broken relay

also there is a dent on the top part of the inverter so i opened it and it was near the capacitor and there is no damage
    my question is this
    how can i prevent the big battery to die ?
    12 volt battery die at the towing company right now it is charging with fully regulated 3 amp power supply

what can i check before i power on the vehicle again, i just want to make sure the hybrid parts are ok
    and i don't want to waste a lot of money fixing it and later find something bad that will cost a lot
    thank you for all your comments help