1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My first problem with my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by petunia, Jan 23, 2006.

1. petunia

petunia New Member

With a little less that 3 weeks and a little more that 400 miles on my 2006, I have just experienced my first problem.

I was releasing the parking brake and my foot slipped off the pedal. The pedal sprang up with enough force to break the switch that turns of the dashboard "Brake" indicator. Whereas I know this was my fault, I am a little disapointed that it broke so easily. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Other than that I am extremely impressed with the Prius. I averaged around 45 MPG for the first tank depsite my short commute and the fact that I have not bumped the tire pressure up. Drives great. Very comfortable. And the SKS is more convenient than I could have imagined.

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I hope the dealer is repairing this under warranty. Don't say it's your fault, it should withstand the force.

3. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That shouldn't happen. It must be a defect. The brake seems to have too much tension on the spring assembly. Make an appt. & tell them it just happened. Not your fault.

4. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Since you didn't do anything out of the ordinary, - it looks like your first warrantee repair!

Let us know how this turns out though, and if you have any problems getting the work done.

5. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine slips off the brake release as well from time to time. Haven't broken anything yet, though.... Pretty sure the dealer will repair it with no trouble, though they'll probably have to order the switch.