1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My first real "I Love the Prius" moment

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by zzyzx, May 26, 2006.

1. zzyzx

zzyzx Junior Member

Aurora Ave was severely backed up on the way to my softball game. It was stop and go all the way from the Space Needle to the First Ave South bridge. During the twenty minutes it took me to go there, my mileage
    just kept creeping up. I switched from the consumption screen to the energy screen and back to see what was going on; my gas engine kicked in like twice the whole time. I went from 48.6 to 50.4; only the steep hill on the way to West Seattle knocked me below 50.

Whoever heard of cars getting better mileage when stuck in traffic? That just kicked nice person!

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zzyzx @ May 25 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]261188[/snapback]</div>
    Think that's fun?

You're right, but wait till you try Snoqualmie Pass, Stevens Pass, The North Cascade Highway, or better yet, the Sunrise Visitor Center on Mt. Rainier. :D

3. zzyzx

zzyzx Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ May 25 2006, 10:10 PM) [snapback]261198[/snapback]</div>

That was the plan for this weekend until all of the rain came. I'm scared what the passes would do to my mileage anyway ;)

4. jclay1965

jclay1965 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    For me, it was filling up for the first time after clocking 520 miles on the odometer--from the tank of gas the dealer gave me when I brought her home!

And it only cost me $28.00 to fill up! My MDX was about $58.00!

Amazing!

5. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zzyzx @ May 25 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]261188[/snapback]</div>
    Who? Those of us who drive Electric Vehicles. Traffic jams are now my friend. :)

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zzyzx @ May 26 2006, 04:58 AM) [snapback]261258[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, your package #5 has VSC. That too can lead to episodes of fun. :blink: :eek: :D
    Don't let a little inclement weather stop you. The Prius can handle it.
    As for your mileage . . . guaranteed to be better than that vehicle you replaced.

7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    More than once I've pulled into a gas station in battery mode, filled my tank and stealthed out while the guzzler beside me was still filling. Makes me fall in love all over again. And again. . .

Oh yeah, and when people find out that I carpool to/from work and their response is "but you drive a hybrid, why do you carpool?" But that's more for intellectual responsibility. Whatever. :)

8. zzyzx

zzyzx Junior Member

So I did drive to North Cascades Highway today. I filled up a bit earlier than I had to because I didn't trust the bladder and all that. My car LOVES WA 530 and WA 20. My first tank was up to 51.2 by the time I filled and I was getting 58 all the way to I-5. W00T!

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thinking of long drives, I live North of Chicago and my parents live in Southern Indiana, along the Ohio River. It's 375 miles door-to-door depending on route.

The first time I drove Priapus home, my dad asked how much gas I had to put in when I stopped in Indianapolis (cheap gas on the Southside and a regular stop for the family). My response was to laugh. Then I said, "actually, it's only 375 miles, dad. I'll stop at Indy on the way back to refuel." He simply couldn't believe it and asked my wife for confirmation. :D

10. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I hear you! I'm beginning to feel some very unusual love for rush hour traffic on the 405 freeway...the best is when it's slow moving (but not stop and go) traffic, moving at 15-40mph. That way I can still move along at a reasonable (to me) speed, but stay in electric mode longer and get some 100mpg bars AND get my mpgs for the tank up higher still! :D