1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My first Tank 'o gas

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Benonymous, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Benonymous

Benonymous New Member

When I bought the Prius it had some fuel in it so I just used that to experiment on. Then, when the time came , I topped the tank up with 40 liters of E10 (10% Ethanol blend 95 octane) Well 727Km later I struggled to get another 40 liters in. This makes my first official tank of gas around 5.5 to 5.6 liters per 100Km :D :D :D

2. kentricho

kentricho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there Benonymous

Yay, another Aussie... Congrats on your first tank, I'm expecting my new 2006 Prius on the 29th August!

By the way, check out (if you haven't already) this link: Calling all Aussies and Kiwis

It has some Australian's posting Prius related stuff in there. You might find it helpful too! It is located in the International Owner section of priuschat.com

Cheers,
    Kent

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hmm... at 727kms, I'll be at 4.5 to 4.7L/100km. But then again, we have the bloody bladder issue. Oh, and that'll be close to 35 litres with no ethanol.

Anyway, you have a long way to go. Senectus, another Aussie, got 900kms on his first tank.

4. aolm

aolm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I remember my first tank...last spring $12 bucks...those days are gone.