1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

my first tankful

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gamiller, Mar 4, 2007.

1. gamiller

gamiller New Member

I am happy with first tankful, can.t wait till it breaks in[attachmentid=6785]

Attached Files:

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's a pretty sweet first tank. Congrats.

Keep it up. In my opinion, you should keep a spreadsheet like some of us do. While it's possible to try and explain your mileage to people, nothing tells a story better than a well-kept spreadsheet. For only one example, click the ">>Current Mileage<<" link in my signature below.

3. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That's a great first tank and great mileage. I'm getting close to the end of my dealer tank and so far I've *almost* hit 49 MPG. Can't quite get to that big five-oh yet.

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It seems to me that the biggest MPG factors are terrain and temperature. Even for those of us in temperate climates, hills kill MPG. Slow-and-go city traffic helps MPG too.

The Floridians have the best of both: warm temps and flat terrain.

Definitely keep a spreadsheet to compute lifetime MPG. You'll find considerable variation between fillups, and averaging over the life of the car gives you the real figure.

5. gamiller

gamiller New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Mar 4 2007, 11:29 PM) [snapback]400148[/snapback]</div>

While your database is quite impressive , I am just not that ambitious ,thanks for the input,I really don't think I can be as disciplined as some as you guys.