1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My first wave!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Raenstoirm, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

On my way home this evening a salsa pulled up behind me. This was the first prius I had seen while in my prius. He waved and I was thrilled.
    Were any of you salsa owners driving down river road in bethesda tonight?

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I get waves now and again, but most of the time, in typical CA style, I'm simply ignored... LOL

3. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I finally get a wave...but not someone in a Prius, just so happened to be in an SUV!!! An Escalade. They were very happy and smiled really big. Of course they were looking down on me while I was looking to the stars at them. But it was cool being noticed by someone other than those people, while sitting at a light, you think "why the heck are they staring at me???"
    Brian

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I got waved at the other day, oh wait a minute it was more of a salute;)

5. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

they were waving not to be friendly but because their car thought your car looked like a tasty snack

6. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    LOL!!!!

7. AngelFish

AngelFish New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I get some waves, now and again... (SoCal)

But more often I get people asking me about the car when they see it. Yesterday when I went to get my dog from daycare, a lady in an SUV & I were talking about my Salsa. She was impressed... (I guess she's waiting for the highlander, and was happy to hear that I loved my car) The other day we went to Disneyland, one of the Disney patrol guys was asking tons of questions about the Prius. All I wanted to do was ride Tower of Terror...

Oh well, I guess that comes with the territory.

BTW - don't leave your car unattended at dealerships (we had an oilchange to do)... when I walked back to our 2 priuses I heard one dealer ask another... "Hey, are those two for sale?"

8. JB

JB Junior Member

Hehe, true about the dealership thing. Only, at the Toyota dealership I went to I got to watch 2 car salesmen checking out my car in awe. Then, they came in to ask me all kinds of questions about my car. They, sadly, didn't know anything about the Prius except that it was a hybrid. I got to explain how cool it was, though.

9. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was driving back to Las Angeles from Las Vegas today. I saw a nice shinny white Prius, so it made me more anxious to get home to see mine because we were in our Denali, so I rolled down the window and did a thumbs up to the driver, they did it back. Was it anyone here?
    Brian