1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My first week

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by LS430toPrius, Oct 23, 2009.

1. LS430toPrius

LS430toPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sold my 01 Lexus LS430 and bought an used 04 prius with 93k on it for half of what I sold the lexus for. I'm really impressed with this car, no it doesn't have all the awesome options of my lexus, but this car has sort shifts your perspective about cars. I'm someone who has always loved cars that go fast and have owned cars that reflect that (Integra, Camaro SS, Maxima, LS430 etc..) Now, those cars seem so silly for everyday use.. don't get me wrong those types of cars are fun to drive, but who wants to use them for your everyday commute. The idea of "gas only" car seems so antiquated.

Why aren't are cars like this? Now I couldn't imagine buying a new car that wasn't a hybrid. First day I drove it I got 49mpg, but now that I'm more familiar with how the car drives I'm getting around 55 mpg.

another comment.... I used to think it was cool to hear the sound of my camaro starting up and how everybody could hear it rumbling when driving through a parking lot... maybe I'm old now, but now I think it's really slick how the prius is totally silent at low speeds.... maybe quiet is the new cool.

2. Priusfromevil

Priusfromevil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just brought home my '06 Prius yesterday and am having similar sentiments.

I still have the '05 Crossfire SRT-6 (349hp and faaaasssst...) but the Prius is definitely the daily driver for the mpgs and the technical goodies (trip computer, navi, back up, etc).

Those goodies help give me more spgs (smiles per gallon).

Cheers,
    Jeremy