1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My first.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by 928Quest, Mar 20, 2008.

1. 928Quest

928Quest Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just took delivery of a 2008 Prius Std PK#4 on Sunday (4 days ago). What fun. Already have 350 miles racked-up and a lifetime average of 49mi/gal according to the screen.

People who know me are surprised that I am driving this, Actually so am I. My other vehicles are a Toyota Tundra, and a 91' Porsche 928GT. Most of my cars have been on the "sporty" side, Corvettes, 'Z's" etc. When my wife announced that she'd like to sell her mini-van and start driving my Tundra I started looking for something to get me back and forth to work, about a 17 mile one way commute. With the price of oil the way it is I decided to look at cars with better gas mileage.

I looked at Honda Civic and Si, Accord, Toyota Camry, and just before leaving the Toyota showrroom I stumbled on to a Prius. I had no intention of even looking at one but as a goof I decided to test drive one.

I am a tech geek at heart and the Prius wowed me, in a way I thought I could not be wowed. After all the Prius is not a Porsche or Vette. But it is one heck of a technological statement. I thought about it for a few months, and then rented a Prius from Enterprise and drove it about 1000 miles, to California and back to see if I could live with it. The answer was YES!

Purchased mine a from the fleet sales department and I am happy so far. Now just getting used to the fine points.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, 928Quest, and welcome to PriusChat! You'll find that the more you understand about the Prius, the more amazing the technology becomes. Consider braking while going around a curve. Now consider regenerative braking with wheels moving at different speeds, the vehicle stability control monitoring wheel speed, pitch, and yaw, while the battery is being charged. The Prius is a data center on wheels, with multiple computers tied together on three LANs.

It's a great car.