1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My G1 Prius Mods!

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by mlibanio, Jan 15, 2010.

1. mlibanio

mlibanio Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hello every G1 owner out there,
    I just wanted to share with you some of the mods I have done to my Prius. I am still far from done. But this car is simply awesome for what you can do to it. I get a lot of questions about the folding rear seat, so I thought I would finally post pictures of how easy it is to do! With the front seat pushed forward, you have nearly 8 feet of length! As you can all tell, I am obsessed with a clean install. Forgive the dirty exterior, but Ontario has been pretty nasty weather wise. I would be interested in hearing what our fellow Prius owners think!

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. adric22

adric22 Ev and Hybrid Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Sorry, how is this a folding seat exactly? It looks like you just unmounted the seat and laid it down.

3. mlibanio

mlibanio Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Simple, I can fold it by lifting the cushion up and letting it flop forward. Its secured in place by the hooks top and bottom. The whole thing takes about 6 seconds. Better than not having it, don't you think? Putting it back takes about 10 seconds.

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's cool. You can fit long pieces that would not fit in the trunk.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I kept thinking we needed some sort of mechanical hinge. This is so much cleaner. Now I know what I'm doing on Saturday!!!

I like your iPod pocket. Are you able to control it via the Nav display?

Bob Wilson

6. mlibanio

mlibanio Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hi Bob, glad to fill your weekend! Hahaha, the whole bolt removal procedure took about 30 minutes. I promise you though, that the seat does not rattle around, nor does removing those vertical steel bars behind the seat affect seat rigidity. Remember I have a subwoofer, so any rattles would come out loud and clear!

As for the iPod kit, yeah, you control it all through the dash buttons and Nav Display. Switching disc numbers simply switches playlists. Except Disc 6 which is an AUX mode. I am going to install an aftermarket radio, and remove that silly Toyota CD player. Then hook up the aftermarket radio to the AUX RCA input on the iPod kit. THis way I can play MP3 CD's, DVD's and have bluetooth all in one car with no wires hanging out.

Please send pictures too of your car once done!