1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Gosh, this car is Sweet!

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by SAPrius, Apr 27, 2005.

1. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi Prius Family,
    Perhaps it was the 11.5 months of waiting. Perhaps it was all the magazine articles gleaned for Prius information. Perhaps it was the months of reading how much you enjoyed your vehicles. Perhaps it was the excitement of spotting more and more Prii in the wild! Yesterday, our Prius finally arrived. Catching that first glimpse of "our Prius" on the dealer's lot was like seeing an old member of the family - and this "baby" belonged to us!

No wonder you guys write about the mile-wide smiles! This car is incredible! After selling our gas guzzling conversion van and putting over 175 thousand miles in our little Mazda pickup, this car is just amazing.

Our Prius was delivered in immaculate condition. The visibility is great, even the view out the rear hatch is adequate, but does take some getting used to. The car is quieter than expected and I did not experience any problems in handling or lack of road feel. Compared to our previous vehicles, this car is nimble and the turning radius fantastic. And as many of you have commented, the acceleration is smooth and more than adequate for the freeways.

I expected the cycling of the ICE to be more noticeable, but it was less of a vibration than anticipated. And driving in "stealth" mode through the neighborhood was just awesome - so quiet. That first time you realize you are cruising around in electric-only propulsion is really fascinating.

Why doesn't everything have the SKS system? Now I approach every door - office, home, etc. and expect the key fob to work its magic. How quickly we adapt!

To all our joy we add this morning's commute. At the traffic light leading to the freeway, my wife and I see another Super White identical to ours. We share the Prius wave! Later, our new Prius friend pulls up alongside - wing to wing - and we exchange smiles and thumbs up before continuing our mission into the city!

Yes, I know a few might remark "it's just a car", but I'm sure a lot more of you understand the pride of owning a Prius. For those still waiting, stay the course. You will be just as pleased!

Now, if only my wife will let me drive the Prius home today.
    How Sweet it is!
    Bob and Tonie
    Prius owners at last in San Antonio

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrulations, and kudos on your patience during the long wait!

11.5 months is a heckuva pregnancy! :D

3. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    11.5 months is a heckuva pregnancy! :D
    [/quote]

Yes, but a true "labor" of love!