1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My home town. Not at all Prius related.

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by patsparks, Nov 6, 2009.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just thought maybe people could post a video or pictures of their home town, so we can see what it is that holds you there.

I found a short video about Adelaide, I liked it so much I thought I would post it here so you can all fall in love with Adelaide.

I also have a very bad video I made of a ride through the city streets, sorry about the poor quality, I made it on my HP PDA camera.

People talking about Adelaide

I love this town!

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Your videos were upside down for me.

Tom

3. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well stand on ya head, I have been standing on my head to read everyone's posts for the last 2 and a half years, stop ya whining!

4. AussieOwner

AussieOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A pity that the Adelaide view doesn't show the pigs in Rundle Mall. I love the way they catch the eye when you wander down the mall.

Attached Files:

5. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How about this then? You get a peep at the pigs. (at 1:09)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7vdeDtaeQ]YouTube - ADELAIDE: IT'S OK 2[/ame]
    I love the pigs, and the kids love the pigs too!

6. bevspark

bevspark Toyota, Major Sponsors of The

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Great Idea Pat. I would love to see pics or videos of other peoples home towns. Can you beat Adelaide?

7. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No one can beat Adelaide.
    Warm enough for you Bev?
    Only having a week of 39C temps for those reading this as you go into winter.
    I got in the pool when I came home from work.

8. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks for not posting those particular pictures Pat ;-)

I've posted it before, but here's a snap of the farm - I don't live in town.

[​IMG]

Ps. Those sheep are trained not to accept rides or candy from strangers, so don't even think about it Pat!

9. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good idea, Pat. :)

Vancouver's not necessarily a beautiful city, but it sure is a nice place to put one. ;)

Attached Files:

10. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah Adelaide looks nice. Happy Australia day to you too :)

I've already posted a small video of my town of Harrogate in the snow a couple weeks ago, so won't push it on you all again. I will say you should all pop over and check out my town and area if you're ever over this neck of the woods. There are two national parks within an hours drive (one to the north east, one to the west), the beautiful city of York 20 miles away and Fountains Abbey (check it on google earth) 15 miles to the north. You'll love them all and the Yorkshire people are renowned for their friendliness.

We have accomodation to meet all budgets from friendly guesthouses Bed And Breakfast B&B Guest Houses In Harrogate Yorkshire UK to rooms in Stately homes Goldsborough Hall, North Yorkshire - a wedding or corporate event venue fit for a Princess and a hotel voted the best in the UK! Rudding Park Hotel, Golf Club, Harrogate, Yorkshire, Conference, Wedding, Venue

So if you fancy a trip to the UK and Europe, be sure to pop along to Harrogate. And I know where you can find a Prius taxi and friendly driver ;)

Plug over :D

11. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine is easy.. just watch the movie "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray. I can walk around that square with the cobblestone streets. The bowling alley is still there. The opera house (Hotel where his producer stayed and where he tried to hang himself) is still open with plays regularly. The railroad tracks that he drives on runs not even a quarter mile from my house.

And if anyone is interested, the Inn he stayed at is for sale...
    [​IMG]

Here are a few little tidbits:
    The movie was filmed here because we have a very quaint, old-fashioned town square. If you visit Woodstock, you can not only see the actual town square and pavilion where the Groundhog Day festivities were filmed, but other outdoor scenes were filmed here as well. When Bill Murray stepped into the huge hole in the street, they actually had to remove bricks from the street to create the hole. When they repaired the street, the town put a plaque in the spot on the sidewalk that says "Bill Murray Stepped Here". Also, the scene where Bill Murray's character meets Ned Ryerson (the insurance salesman) was filmed here. There is a plaque on the building wall at the corner that says "Ned's Corner."

Woodstock residents are still celebrating, as evidenced by a February 2, 2000 news story in the Woodstock Independent bemoaning the search for a substitute groundhog for Woodstock Willie, their stand-in for Punxsutawney Phil. They wound up with Warner the Woodchuck, which somehow seems appropriate for a faux Groundhog Day celebration.