1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Last Tank >700 miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by VABeachPrius, Jul 28, 2006.

1. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    [​IMG]

Hopefully you see a picture of my consumption screen. I will add it as an attachment too incase this doesn't work.

Thanks,

C

Okay, I realize what happens now.

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Amazing... Outside temp was 97 deg also. Did you have AC on?

Dennis

3. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I use the AC about 40% of the time. It depends on how humid it is here. Today it is hot as he**, but it is a dry heat so no I rode with the windows down. I have had to use it when it was 85, but very humid.

I just think I have the right conditions for this car to perform. I am on roads with speed limits that are between 25-50 mph and I pulse and glide like a crazy fool. We take short trips in my wife's car. It takes me about 35-40 minutes to get to work instead of about 28-30 minutes by using secondary surburban roads. The car has 1200 miles on it, 42/40, full conventional oil.

I have gladly exchanged the extra time from freeway driving for lower blood pressure and minimal traffic. I drive the speed limit and others pass. I go out of my way to avoid others so I am not a moving speed bump and I anticipate stop lights.

All of this came together with about 200 miles on this tank. Honestly, if I could redo this tank with what I think I know now, I believe I could get a 70+ mpg tank. I have to travel for work the month of August and most of September, so if there is enough time then and temperatures have not dropped, I will shoot for it then.

Thanks,

Chris

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What a great performance car you have over there, rather high performance driver. :D Yea, we measure performance in mpg not mph. Right?

My best mpg for a tank of gas was 54.8 MPG. That was with 90% highway before the new rims and tires. So I did beat EPA numbers for sure.

Dennis

5. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When I drive on the freeway I see the same numbers as you. 50-53ish mpg. My commute is only 20 miles. If I had to commute 50 miles, I would not be using secondary surburban roads.

Keep that gas guzzler (54 mpg) out of my way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm kidding, of course.

Thanks,

Chris

6. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VABeachPrius @ Jul 28 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]293946[/snapback]</div>
    As a neighbor about 100 miles to your west, and who has been in your neck of the woods dozens of times, I have one question: When the he** is the heat of a coastal Virginia summer DRY?? :)

Anyway, congratulations!

Jim

7. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Point taken. Maybe I have been here too long. It "felt" less humid today.

Thanks,

Chris

8. caprinicity

caprinicity New Member

<_< I averaged 65.8 mpg today, with the air conditioning ON, but I think I had a tailwind...

Bonnie in PA