1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My mileage ... my mileage ...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Mamskas, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Mamskas

Mamskas New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    is gaining by slim margins. I parked the Gen III for the evening (and weekend ... thank God for a bus pass) officially at 51.0 MPG. I also, for those who read my posts previously, has improved my efficient use of the battery and engine. Thus, at the same time, my battery is not also completely depleted either but 2 bars shy from the top.

I have taken the advice of those on this forum and in videos to see such improvement. I also have a bit of a tale for you readers but do not suggest you do this. Well, I got in the car ready to head home from work and to my surprise, blinking steadily, is the last remaining indicator on my fuel gauge. What does this mean? To boot, I left my debit/credit at home which is about 15-16 miles away.

So, I consult the trip computer which happily indicates 20 miles until refueling is beyond the point of advising. No problem! Let's see ... city driving, no highway or expressway, traffic and traffic lights, pulse & glide, stealth glide to lights, watch battery usage, 20 on indicator going to 19, 15, 10, 5, pull in the driveway at home and .... now I need to drive another two miles to get gas... Try this in a C-Max, there's emergency roadside assistance ... for everything else, there's a Prius.

Well worth the money!

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The general rule of thumb we use is current avg mpg x 10. That is pretty safe. You can do current average mpg x 11 if you're feeling froggy and in a safe location.

So today my average mpg read 56.5mpg over 500 miles. I knew I could safely go 565 miles despite my low fuel light coming on at 480miles or so.

This assumes you will continue driving in such a way that you are getting at least your current avg mpg or higher.