1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My mpg Santa fe to Alamosa Co.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by terry brecheen, Sep 19, 2013.

1. terry brecheen

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    20130914_104726.jpg This is a picture of a 30 minute consumption driving from Santa Fe New Mexico to Alamosa Colorado. I drove the speed limit mostly 60 mph every once in awhile I had to slow to pass thru a small community. The car was really packed full. Three adults, luggage and enough clothes for a week in wonderful colorado. My tires were aired up to 40 front and 38 rear. I am running new Michelin AS Energy tires. The ride was extremely smooth and whisper quite. My butt was aching a little but when I filled up with gas the pain went away.I'll post more pictures of my mpg at higher speeds 75 to 77 mph.

2. jgilliam1955

jgilliam1955 Sometime your just gotta cry! 2013 Prius 4.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  3. alfon

alfon Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Those Michelin Energy Saver AS tires sure make a mpg difference. I am on my second set now, got almost
    70,000 out of my first set. The only tire that I would buy for our Prius....

4. terry brecheen

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I know what y0u mean Afton. If I seriously thought I couldn't get another set of AS Energy Savers in a few years from now I would buy another set and keep them in the house in the ac for the future. Driving on smooth roads at posted speed limits they ride as smooth as the Michelins on my Town Car. Bumpy roads the Lincoln wins that one. My mileage seems to be getting even better as I put some miles on these tires. I am just totally amazed. I stopped at a Toyota dealer Saturday, where a manager who drives a Prius took the time to explain the benefits of driving a Prius and really sold me by his personal experiences, to thank him for taking his time to educate me. I bought it at a different dealer but I just wanted to say thanks. GREAT CAR.