1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My navigation keeps freezing all audio functions.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tylor, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Tylor

Tylor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ok so I have a 2010 Prius five and I blew the warranty in the first year and a half. At 134k miles the navigation is getting a bit crazy. So while I'm driving (not using the nav) a side bar screen will pop up with a few boxes that say calculating and it will freeze my whole system for about 2 or 3 minutes even though I can still see my location tracking behind the pop up screen. If I'm streaming music that will continue but I can't change songs or volume or anything. It also lags when I get an incoming call so I can hit the transfer button but it will take about 30 seconds. I tried to see if my car needed an update from the 08.1 version but can't seem to find any info on it. I asked the service guy at the dealership if I could do an update and he dodged the question by asking if I'd like to replace it with a new one for like $1500 (not exact amount I don't think but it was enough to make me laugh). I asked if an update was available and he said he was too busy today and walked away. No actual answer. So has anyone else had this problem?

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have not heard of your problem. I have upgraded from 8.1 to 11.1 and there are no "system" fixes included that I could tell. There was supposed to be an improvement in lag time on incoming phone calls but I could not tell any difference.

All of the improvements that I could see were all map upgrades, which were quite substantial and included all of the information that I was looking for in NC at the time.

My guess is that the service guy is probably correct in that you are experiencing a unit failure. The replacement unit is expensive. You could look at a salvage yard or possibly find a unit on eBay.

3. Tylor

Tylor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If that is the case then I'd almost rather go get a new car.