1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My New '08 Mag Grey Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dahgu, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Dahgu

Dahgu New Member

Yeah! After 4 weeks of waiting, I've finally taken delivery of my loaded '08 Mag Grey Touring! As I've been lurking on the boards for a few weeks, I know it's required to post new pictures. I've included photos of the two vehicles I replaced, the Prius just after the dealer delivery, and after the window tinting. Monday, the Sirius gets installed. Tuesday, the plastic hub caps go on to show the "matching" alloys with the Toyota emblems I bought to fill in the open hubs. Wednesday, well, I'll worry about that tomorrow. :D

I've got a WHOLE list of things to do and have already made my first order from the Prius Chat store. Wee!

I plan on having pictures of every phase of the Prius' transformation even up through the body modifications, but that depends on how bad winter gets here in Colorado. :D

Thanks to all of you and this informative message board. Without the honest and helpful advice here, I would never have been able to confidently replace my old vehicles with the Prius. Thanks again!

Dahgu...

Original Babies (2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 and 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited)
    [attachmentid=11889]

New "Just Delivered" '08 Mag Grey Touring
    [attachmentid=11890]

Post-Window Tinting
    [attachmentid=11891]

Attached Files:

2. Mugenrd1

Mugenrd1 New Member

Congrats ! Look's great

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats on joining the Magnetic Grey Prius club!

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow congratulations and welcome to PriusChat!

5. partipilo

partipilo Weirdo

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nice. Same color as my 2 week old... My fav color of all, it shouldn't show dirt so easily between washes.

Did you get your tint at the dealership? I'm really hesitant to get ANY work done on my car anywhere other then the dealership since this car is so radically different then any other.

6. Dahgu

Dahgu New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(partipilo @ Oct 8 2007, 12:30 AM) [snapback]522638[/snapback]</div>

I was referred to a shop in Colorado who had experience with tinting a Prius. I think they did a great job. Hopefully I don't roll them down by accident over the next couple of days by pushing right past the painters tape over the window controls. :D

7. Alabama

Alabama New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What percentage is your tint?

8. Dahgu

Dahgu New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alabama @ Oct 8 2007, 04:34 PM) [snapback]522814[/snapback]</div>

Shh...

*looks around for the Colorado authorities*

20% all the way around

*runs and hides*

Technically it's illegal being that Colorado requires window tinting to be 27% or greater (or lesser depending on how you look at it). This job was done at 20%, with darker options going to 15%, 10%, and 5% (blacked out limo tint). Night visibility is good enough to not cause any safety concerns. I had considered going 1-2 steps darker until I sat in a 5% & 10% vehicle and thought I was back in a Vegas limo. :D

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

9. PriusOwner004

PriusOwner004 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dahgu @ Oct 7 2007, 11:25 PM) [snapback]522614[/snapback]</div>

Nice, we got similar taste in vehicles. I had an 06 Charger Daytona Edition (can you say 150 mph on the I-15 :) and a ZX14 I won't say how fast I've gone on it for legal reasons LOL
    Nice to see, other speed demons who can appreciate the magic of the Prius.

10. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    woo hoo, looks great.

11. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dahgu @ Oct 7 2007, 11:25 PM) [snapback]522614[/snapback]</div>

THAT'S MY CAR...!!!

:D

12. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    dahgu,

The new tinting and mag gray go good together. Looks sharp!!! Congrats on the new car and enjoy. I just purchased a red touring Pkg 6 Prii two weeks ago and am enjoying it more every day.

Enjoy and post more pics when you get your future mods completed.

Sliderule

13. hoop

hoop On The South Texas Coast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This is my mag grey with tinting. I was told I couldn't get the little side window in the front done 'because of the Texas law.

Attached Files:

14. Dahgu

Dahgu New Member

The little window is against Texas law? I smell scandal! Or, the tinting guys had big Jimmy Dean fingers like me and simple couldn't get in there. :D

15. hoop

hoop On The South Texas Coast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dahgu @ Oct 10 2007, 09:15 PM) [snapback]523962[/snapback]</div>
    They said at the tint shop " nothing past the front side window" could legaly be tinted??? or maybe they said mirror ,,I dont remember...

16. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    in CA even the front is illegal, but everyone does it, the cops are too busy hassling perp's than to write tick's for tint, i won't take the chance though

17. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like it was just too hard to me.

18. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ahh :( The prius looks damn nice, makes me jealous. But I would have stuck with the original cars. If you want power you have your charger, if you want MPG you have your bike. Thats just me though, good choice on priuses!

19. Dahgu

Dahgu New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Slair @ Oct 12 2007, 07:27 AM) [snapback]524552[/snapback]</div>
    I miss them both. Trouble was, I could not use the bike for my job and travelling to customers. I can only imagine trying to put a client on the back seat of the 'Busa. HA! They wouldn't be a client long, especially since I had trouble staying under 120mph on that thing. :D

I tried to keep both of them, but I purchased all my toys first instead of an A->B car that can drive in snow. Oops. Oh well. What did my mom always say? "What's the difference between a man and a boy? Only the price of their toys." :D

20. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That makes more sense then. I can see why you would have made the decision.