1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My New Black '06

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by agill, Jan 25, 2006.

1. agill

agill New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yippppeeeee !!
    after exactly 4 months and 5 days of waiting, I finally received my Black Prius Pkg #3 late evening yesterday. Got a call from my dealer on the day before that it had arrived on the lot, and i went in and picked it up yesterday. We did not get a Beige interior (i think its called Bisque now), which we had requested, but I still love it (wife is a little disappointed about the interior color though).
    My dealer tried to sell me the 7yr/75,000 extended warranty for $1295. But having read the post about the price offered here, and having gotten in touch with Troy, i had already decided to go for what Troy was offering. My dealer knocked down the price of the warranty coverage that he was offering by an extra $100, but that was still far from what Troy was offering, so i declined. I did not give him any reasons why i was doing it, and he was surprised :)
    I also had read in a post on this forum that the Prius moves a bit when the engine first kicks in if the car is standing and in the "ON" mode. (pardon me, i still have to get used to the technical terms). Well, it was cold last night, and the car was standing, but in the ON mode, while i was in the car fiddling with the buttons, and reading the manual. The engine came on, to warm up the interior, i believe, and when it did come on, there was a slight lurch forward, and then it came back again. It was only a few centimeters, i believe.. nothing big enough to alarm me. But later, when i had the parking brake engaged, the engine came on again, but this time it did not lurch forward. So i think if the car is stationary, but powered on, it is best to keep the parking brake engaged, to avoid any such lurches.
    I am still getting the hang of entering the car and driving without a key. A couple of times i approached the Prius with a key to my old car, and then the car interior lights came on as i stood near the driver door, reminding my that the smart key fob was in my pocket.
    I love reading most of the posts on this forum, and have gained a lot of useful info from it. Now that i too have my Prius, i hope to be able to contribute more in discussions.

2. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Congratulations! Another black Prius is on the road!

3. agill

agill New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh Yeah.
    She is a beauty.
    Although the black color requires more maintainence, the shine after the clean up is worth it :)
    I have a very short commute to my workplace (only 2.5 miles), so i am still waiting to go on a long drive. Have to also get comfortable with all the controls and driving technique (coasting and maximizing fuel efficiency etc).

4. agill

agill New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh Yeah.
    She is a beauty.
    Although the black color requires more maintainence, the shine after the clean up is worth it :)
    I have a very short commute to my workplace (only 2.5 miles), so i am still waiting to go on a long drive. Have to also get comfortable with all the controls and driving technique (coasting and maximizing fuel efficiency etc).

5. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Yeah I've had my Prius for 3 weeks now and still need to find some time to learn all the cool stuff about it. Tomorrow I'm going to try out my navigation system!

6. galaxies1973

galaxies1973 New Member

West Lebanon NH?!? wow, I used to live there. :) West Leb for 1 year, Lebanon for 4 1/2. Warm winter you're having up there too, I hear!

(you bought it in WRJ I suppose? or did you travel to a dealer?)

Michelle

7. agill

agill New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Warm winter indeed. In the past 4 years that i have been in the Hanover/Lebanon region, this has been the mildest winter so far. In fact, since Christmas, its been raining, decreasing the snow levels that had accumalated before Christmas to almost none. The snow shower day before yest did pile up a little though.
    Due to the milder weather, i have been thinking that i will avoid getting snow tires on my Prius this winter, and do that only in the next year, since there has not been much snow, and in 2 months, hopefully, all of it will have gone.
    Moreover, i still have my Honda accord which has snow tires on, so i guess during the occassional bad weather i can drive that, while it is waiting to be sold.
    I did buy my Prius at White River Toyota. The salesperson there was very nice, well informed, and sensitive to our queries and concerns. It was the finance person who turned out to be quite crafty, and was offering us the overpriced warranty. However, since it seems most of the dealers with the exception of Troy do that anyway, it was not a surprise. I did enquire at other dealers in the region, but the White River Toyota dealership was the best for us since it was nearby, has courteous service, and also gives us some benefits for after-sales services.
    I would definitely recommend this dealership to anyone thinking of buying a Toyota (Prius or otherwise) in this region.

8. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

We've been lucky her in Green Bay too. I only had to have a plow come once this winter. I love it!