1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My new Hummer 3

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by funpilot, Jun 3, 2005.

1. funpilot

funpilot Junior Member

Well, I just found out that the Hummer 3 I ordered was built weeks ago but never released by the factory because of QC review.....hmmm. I prefer they keep it....and my dealer agreed. So I have ordered another one and should have it by the end of June/early July.

I was able to sell my RV so I am keeping my Prius that has had no stalling problems ... If I can I will post a pic of the H3 for you to roast ... even though it should get about 20 mph on the highway

2. majordude

majordude Member

What, they accidentally left off the 2,687 lbs. of dead weight?

3. funpilot

funpilot Junior Member

About right.....It has a 5 cylinder engine and believe it or not, the new Prius will beat it in a drag race.....go Prius....unless you are in mud.

4. majordude

majordude Member

Five?

Maybe that is the QA problem! They left one off!

5. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

Laughing out loud on that one. Great.

6. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    HMMMM! You did not say what year you expect delivery this time.
    Not too bad a deal if you get the free years fuel that they have been offering to get people to buy them.

7. bobc

bobc New Member

You mean that they can't even get up to the level of previous models which are notorious for being uncomfortable, have poor visibility, a horrible ride and break tie rods everytime they go off road?

Well, since you were expecting a roast, I'll add this link. I think it's friggin' funny. But be forewarned that the "f" word is used a lot!

http://fuh2.com/

The best are some of the descriptions posted with the photos and the hate mail section.

Don't forget to click on the link to go: "What would Jesus drive?"

8. funpilot

funpilot Junior Member

I have seen that site.....very funny. Best response I have gotten here was way back when I first commented I might get this truck and someone stated that talking about that here was like running into church and shouting "I worship the devil".....that was great.

9. funpilot

funpilot Junior Member

The I5 is what the Colorado pickup truck uses as well ... An effort to become more environmentally friendly....

10. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Isn't the Colorado an Isuzu design? Is the I-5 an Isuzu engine as well, like the Duramax?

Nate

11. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(funpilot\";p=\"95442)</div>
    Consumer Reports was not too impressed with that engine:

"The Colorado's 3.5-liter five-cylinder engine is noisy, has to work hard to deliver, and is not very fuel-efficient."

July 2005, Page 57

"The 220-hp, 3.5-liter five-cylinder engine strains to give adequate performance."

Page 62

12. senna4ever

senna4ever New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(funpilot\";p=\"95436)</div>
    :crazyeyes:

13. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Geez last time I checked it was a free country. If he wants to buy an H3, let him already.

I know a few folks locally who have the fuel efficient commuter car (Honda Civic, VW Golf TDI, etc) for the 5 days of the week, and the pickup or SUV for weekend getaways to the lake. Most of these SUV's and pickup trucks only see 5,000-10,000km a year.

If I suddenly have to start towing or hauling stuff again out to the hobby farm, I'll probably have to get a lease-return SUV or pickup. Let's face it, the Prius is a fine commuter car but I can't stick any of my Class IV hitches in its rear.

14. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually, I was pretty suprised at the good nature of the responses.

No one called him out as a heretic and to be burned at the stake and everyone was getting along just fine.

15. majordude

majordude Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micheal\";p=\"95834)</div>
    That's because the Spanish Inquisition is stuck in traffic. They will be here soon enough.

:evillaugh:

(HEY! This is my 100th post! Sorry all!)

16. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think its because we all know that owning an H3 will not bring the kind of happiness that the Prius does.

The Hummer H2 has the lowest owner satisfaction of any vehicle sold today. Guess which has the highest. ;-)

If the H3 makes the man happy, good for him. I'm personally waiting to hear back what he thinks of the vehicle in a few months.

Nate

17. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not gonna pick on him. I've laid pretty low about my own acquisition last week. Suffice to say, an H1 will look like a midget next to it.

18. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, we're a civilised bunch here. At least that's my general feeling and the reason why I love surfing this forum. I've been to others and people get flamed at their slightly ignorance or mistake. People's cockiness and ignorance prevail and "noobs" never get the chance and have to basically help themselves out til they're at the same level as the general members. Kinda makes me sick.

19. senna4ever

senna4ever New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ya, alot of us have other not-so-efficient cars, too. I agree that this forum is a lot friendlier than others I am a member of. Priuschat & Lexusowners.com are a friendly bunch...maybe it's just that Toyota owners are just that way? :mrgreen:

20. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Great to see the good-natured ribbing you're getting! :) I look forward to pics of the two side by side if your H3 ever makes it past QC.

By the way, I didn't think GM bothered with QC....

:lol: