1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My new Moonglow C3

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by akh02, May 27, 2012.

1. akh02

akh02 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My C3 arrived at the dealer on Friday and I got to pick it up after work. I ordered on April 21st, so it took just over a month to get here. At the dealership Toyota staff kept coming by to comment on my car and tell me how popular they are and how hard they are to find. They haven't been around long enough for the salesmen to get all the details figured out so it took two of them to find jack for the spare, one of the salesmen had to look it up on his phone (at priuschat.com!).

I've been having a blast driving around in it since then. I can't believe how easy it is to get such amazing mileage. I traded in an '06 Honda Civic Hybrid that was a test in patience to keep the mileage over 35 in the city, and the C has been getting 50mpg every trip since I got it. Having electric only mode at lower speeds makes all of the difference (no more expletives when traffic starts creeping and I have to leave "auto-stop"!). The real test will be my normal stop and go work commute next week. My only real complaint so far is the road/wind noise at higher speeds, but I seem to get used to it after I've been in the car for awhile. The rest of the car feels very solid despite its size and I haven't noticed any rattles.

I really love the Moonglow color, but it mostly looks white (the sparkle doesn't show up unless you look for it). I imagine I'd get more comments if it was Habanero or Summer Rain, but I've definitely gotten a few doubletakes from people. I look forward to seeing some other Cs out in the wild.

Attached Files:

LizKauai likes this.
  2. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats!!

3. 2012PriusCmoonglow

2012PriusCmoonglow New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congratulations! We just recently purchased a Moonglow P3 as well. The color is great whe the sun is out! Very unique and lve the pearl look to it.

Where in Oregon are you and where dd you purchase your C? We live in Newport as well as Medford and purchased ours n Coos Bay.

Would love see more photos of your Moonglw?!

4. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! More and more Cs on the road here.