1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My new pet parakeets

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TheForce, Mar 26, 2010.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I used to have some parakeets but they all died of old age about 7 years ago. I never got rid of the cages and I decided to buy two parakeets today.

Their names are Bit and Byte. Bit is the blue male and Byte is the green female.

Bit & Byte in the cage.
    [​IMG]

This is Bit.
    [​IMG]

This is Byte.
    [​IMG]

Here is a video of Bit & Byte talking.

[video]http://stuff.jaygroh.com/birds/bitnbyte.ogv[/video]
    Link to video if you cant see it. http://stuff.jaygroh.com/birds/bitnbyte.ogv

Notice any thing strange? :confused:

Well Bit and Byte are robot parakeets. Thats why I named them Bit and Byte. :D They are motion activated, move their head and tail, and speak real parakeet talk. They don't eat, drink or make a mess. They dont fly, bite, or lose feathers.

Actually the only thing they do eat is 3 button cell batteries. I don't know how log they will last yet. You unscrew and remove the chest plate to get access to the batteries. The motion sensor is located below the neck on the chest plate. You would never guess where the on/off switch is located. The on/off switch is located where the birds cloaca is located. :eek:

These things look real from a distance and even up close the detail is pretty amazing. My mom does not like birds and I had her fooled. She would not even touch the thing until I held it by the tail to show her it was just all plastic.

They only cost about $20 a piece which is no more than the cost of a real parakeet plus you don't have to clean, feed, or give them attention.

I got them so I could use the cage for something right now. I figure if I ever do get a real parakeet these might make a good friend for it.

They are called Breezy Singers Parakeet if anyone wants to buy them.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Are you sure that's parakeet they are talking?

It sounded like binary.

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I thought in the first photo that your "female" had a weird looking line at the bottom edge of her head feathers... :p

Cute. That would work for people like me who have a horrible allergy to bird dander..

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What program do I need to open the video?

5. KayakerNC

KayakerNC Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    $12.99 each at Amazon...eligible for free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WGRAZK?ie=UTF8&tag=kindleboards-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000WGRAZK[​IMG]

6. cheeper

cheeper Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well Bit and Byte are robot parakeets.

So glad they are robots! I was going to tell you they need a bigger cage! :eek:

7. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess parakeets do sound like they are speaking binary.

You need the latest version of FireFox, Opera, or Chrome. You can also use the VLC media player or download a codec for your operating system to play ogg Theora videos.

I actually have a bigger cage. Compared to the size of a parakeet its about a 6 story building. Its about 4 foot high by 13 inch diameter. Really nice and can support about 4 parakeets.

8. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    pair a tweets.