1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My new Plug-In Prius!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by gengrav, May 23, 2012.

1. gengrav

gengrav New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    After waiting for years, I finally have the Plug in Prius. Before this, I had an older model, 2008, which I loved. I bought mine from Wilsonville Toyota, in Oregon. Here is my summary so far:
    1. On my first tank of gas, I went about 400 miles, including two trips to the beach, without filling up.
    2. On my second tank, being more consistent with charging it now, I went 430 miles.
    3. I LOVE the UBS port so I can play my Pandora. The best!

Then I found a charging station in Portland, one block from where I work! This has been really helpful to me. I can drive to work and back on a charge with no problem.

LOVE IT! So thankful for the technology, and yes, I am idealistic, but thank God it's here. Thank you to Toyota for pursuing this, great product.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!!! :welcome: to the pip club. i also had an 08 that i loved. enjoy!

3. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad you like it! It is an awesome car...driving in EV mode (not using gas) is so darn much fun! After two months, I still am looking for excused to run errands for my wife. :p Then, traveling long distances in HV mode is also satisfying because of how darn efficient the car is.
    :welcome:

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats. Can you tell us what kind of MPG you were getting with your 08? Perhaps describe your usual route?

Can you also provide the information in the EV/HV ratio screen? That has the kWh and gallons used along with the miles driven in EV and HV modes.

5. Jozo

Jozo PIP PIP HOORAY!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Welcome to the cult! You'll find most of us are smitten with our PIPs. This is my 3rd Prius, and they just keep getting better and better!

6. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm jealous, but maybe you can clarify with some more details on your MPGs? 430 miles on a tank doesn't sound quite right...

7. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Pip pip hoorah :) :( :confused::mad::p:(:D:D:rolleyes::welcome::cool::eek::welcome::mod:

8. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You don't *have* to wait until the tank runs dry before filling it :)
    I add 8.x gallons and get 500-600 miles. I commute a long way, lots of HV miles for me.