1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My New Prius...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusNlondon, Feb 9, 2006.

1. priusNlondon

priusNlondon Pingu 2.0

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    I must say i love it! it's Silver and beautiful. Pics to come, the weather here in England is a bit crap at the moment. I love the way it drives, getting used to the Nav system, no SKS here in England which is a bummer. NO real problems except...

the windshield/windscreen front and rear wipers!! why are they placed the way they are!!!?? they are totally useless sometimes. the front ones don't clear over a quarter of the passenger side <_< and the rear one is on the wrong bloody side so when they come on it makes more of a mess than helping! it only clears the opposite side! not the driver's side. having salt on the roads here it's really frustrating because i have to use my windshield wipers and cleaner every time i use the car. it's gross!!

anyone have any solutions?

other issue is the passenger seat. my husband is a tall man and doesn't drive (its an english thing, not many people driver here like in the US) the passenger seat doesn't go back very far. in fact the driver seat goes back further than the passenger!! why don't they go back the same amount? is there any way to fix this?? :(

245miles on it so far and i'm running 38 -40mpg! enjoying that a lot with our petrol prices! :D

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had to go out and check my car after reading your post. My seats both go back to exactly the same place. Are you sure something isn't blocking the passengers side?

There are a lot of posts here, try the search function, about changing the rear wiper for a longer 20" one, might help. Ours are on the left side also which is correct for us.

I've never worried about the passengers side of the windscreen, my passengers seem happier when they can't see anyway. :D

Edit: here is one topic on the wiper blade
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=9994&hl=rear+wiper