1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My New Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tom_n, Dec 22, 2006.

1. tom_n

tom_n New Member

Hi All,

We bought a new minty green 2007 option package #6 Prius yesterday. What fun! We ended up paying $2446 less than the sticker price, which thought was pretty good. So far I have figured out how to make the garage door opener work! This thing has quite the steep learning curve.

Tom

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome tom n

Sounds like you got a very good deal on your new Package 6 Prius - GOOD SHOW!!

Be patient on programming the Rearview Mirror button for your garage door. Most who post here had similar challenges. It took three tries for mine to work right. The trick I had was climbing a ladder to trigger the "reprogram" botton on the motor unit of the garage door opener, then successfully programming the rearview mirror button within the required 30 seconds. Patience is the key. The instructions are specific, all steps need to be done exactly as stated.

I also programmed the backup alarm buzzer to OFF, and that too required several tries.

ENJOY YOUR NEW PRIUS

Wishes for a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY, PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR !!!

3. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats on your new Prius! I've had mine since April, and I'm still learning things about my beautiful Bonnie. But I think I learned the essentials within a day or so (since I don't have a garage, I didn't have to learn anything about Homelink), but I'll admit that I couldn't figure out how to tune my AM radio until September).

Have fun driving your 'mint'!

4. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Wow!! what a deal!!!! I was unaware that the dealers were even negotiating price on the Prius now. I had to order mine, wait several months, and pay the asking price. And,,,,,,,, I still LOVE my Prius!!! Hope you are as happy with yours!! Its a great car, and yes, there are many, many things to learn about all its features and secrets.....