1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My New Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PacMan, Aug 30, 2007.

1. PacMan

PacMan New Member

Just wanted to say hello to the group, I purchased my "new to me" Prius yesterday afternoon. It's a 2005 Superwhite package 6, and I am absolutely amazed by it. It got rained on yesterday, or I would have tried to get some pics, I am hoping to get some tonight.

The previous owners really took care of this one, it's only got 14,600 miles on it and is extremely clean. THey told me they would use towels to protect the seats, and it still has cheap floor mats to protect the expensive toyota ones. Also has a carpet in the back protecting the hatch mat.

As an added bonus, they have the 7 year/100000 mile warranty, which I am transferring.

The only thing wrong with the car was that one of the trim rings had a busted tab. I was looking online for the cost of replacement when I discovered here how good the wheels look with the rings off. I already added my first "mod" this morning when I pulled them off my car.

I wonder now if the dealer will replace the ring due to a busted tab under warranty? There is no visble damage to the ring or the wheel. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Anyway, I am looking forward to many fun years with this car, and lots of good info from this forum.

2. PacMan

PacMan New Member

Is everyone being SMUG? :lol: No one going to give me a hello?? Guess I should get some pics up.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Howdy, and welcome to the club!

Note: This isn't a real-time chat, so sometimes there will be hours before you get a response...

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome to the family!
    If you really want trim rings, you can probably buy them off some PC person who took theirs off :D

SuperWhite is the best color, IMHO ;)

5. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to Priuschat! You will find a lot of people get on here at lunchtime Pacific time. But before a 3-day weekend, ???? They probably left yesterday driving their Prius to grandma's house. Sounds like you got a really good car there, your fun is just starting. Let us know how many mpg you get. I get almost 3 times the mpg on my Prius as on my Sienna minivan that the kids drive now. I'm not familiar with the wheels or rings, I've never had a wheel off yet. Somewhere in there are the tire pressure transmitters, make sure whatever you do you don't expose them to damage or anything.

6. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

7. PacMan

PacMan New Member

Thanks All! I was just giving you guys some ribbing, I think the post got buried yesterday during a period of high activity. This is one of the best forums I have run across, and I usually hit the forums for just about anything I buy. There is so much info here and lots of good help, I hope to be able to contribute as well.

Getting great mpg, I have used "pulse and glide" on my way to work both days that I have had it and gotten over 63mpg for the 10 mile run both times. Have had the usual lower than sticker for "normal" driving but still very effecient, and Highway driving has been getting exactly what the sticker says, around 50. I went from a 2000 gmc sierra to this, so going from 14mpg to prius mpg is very exciting.

Happy labor day to everyone!

Thanks All! I was just giving you guys some ribbing, I think the post got buried yesterday during a period of high activity. This is one of the best forums I have run across, and I usually hit the forums for just about anything I buy. There is so much info here and lots of good help, I hope to be able to contribute as well.

Getting great mpg, I have used "pulse and glide" on my way to work both days that I have had it and gotten over 63mpg for the 10 mile run both times. Have had the usual lower than sticker for "normal" driving but still very effecient, and Highway driving has been getting exactly what the sticker says, around 50. I went from a 2000 gmc sierra to this, so going from 14mpg to prius mpg is very exciting.

Happy labor day to everyone!

8. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey PacMan, welcome to the fold!

Hey PacMan, welcome to the fold!