1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

my new prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by terrybailey40, May 6, 2010.

1. terrybailey40

terrybailey40 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Have taken delivery of my new gen3 prius .Am so far delighted seems much better than my prius gen2. will post after 1 month and see if I am still so happy;)

2. vnhk

vnhk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats, post some pics. I got mine last Nov, and I still look back (to admire it) when walking away :):)

It just looks so good, maybe even better than the BMW 335i coupe parked next to it (haha)

Now, if I could afford bigger wheels and lower it a bit, it would look AMAZING.

3. Prowler

Prowler Newbie

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :welcome: ............. :rockon:

4. alkurtz

alkurtz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just completed my first week of ownership of a Prius IV with nav. and solar roof. Fell in love with the Prius when I rented one in Florida at Christmas and wanted one ever since.

Have not done much driving yet (150 miles) but averaging 51.8 on the HSI on mixed suburban roads.

Still incredibly impressed with the technology, displays, etc. Absolutely no problems to report and don't really expect to have any. Still trying to master the correct way to drive it. This is the first non-stick shift car I have owned in a long time and must admit that I miss the clutch pedal.

It does drive differently, however, than other Toyotas I have owned (a Corolla Tercel way back in the 80s, and a RAV4 {not the current edition but the little snub-nosed one before it...what a great car!} or driven;current Corolla, Camry, and RAV4). I must admit that I opted for a blue one because it matches the color of my old RAV (still going strong and now belongs to my son).

Those cars all had a light and nimble feel that I loved. I knew that the Prius would not drive like that, but miss the "Toyota feel." In some ways the Prius drives more like a Honda (a heavier, more solid feel than the Toyotas....but I have always been a Toyota person and not a Honda person). I have driven the current Civic and once had a late 80s Accord. The heavy feel of the car is great for coasting and gliding though.

Overall, I am thrilled with the the Prius: it's wonderful to feel part of the future and drive such a technologically advanced car.