1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My new ride.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tjsnow13, Aug 9, 2006.

1. tjsnow13

tjsnow13 New Member

Thanks to all for the info on this site. I haven't picked up my new prius but suppose to get it today. I can't wait. I am guessing the only thing I should be mindful of is trying to fill the gas bladder. This sounds like it can be overcome by experience. I know one thing, if and when gas reaches $4.00 a gallon I will not feel as bad as I would still driving my 4 runner.

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome onboard.

Don't worry about the bladder, filling gas is just like any other car.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Bladder Schmadder. Like Somerville said, fugetaboutit. If not for people here talking about it, I would never have noticed. It's never been a problem for me in two years.

Welcome to Priuschat and congrats on the new Prius. Take pictures. We like pictures.

4. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on the car! You will really enjoy driving it. I've had mine for a little over a month and love it. Avg. MPG has increased from 46 on the first tank to 51 on the last one. As the posts above state- the bladder is a huge non-issue. Fill it, drive it and don't worry about.

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations! :D

Don't worry yourself about the fuel bladder...I've fueled up well over 20 times at various gas stations since I got my Prius, and have had NO issues whatsoever with filling up the tank. Sometimes when it auto-shuts off I'll click a couple more times to get an extra few drops in, but haven't had any spillage or problems in the least.

You'll definitely enjoy filling up the Prius to the tune of 9-9.5 or so gallons A LOT more than you enjoyed filling up the 4Runner, that's for sure!! And you'll get more miles out of your tank too, to boot. :) Enjoy!!

6. ekpolk

ekpolk What could possibly...

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    The bladder IS an issue IF you habitually try to top the car to the n-th degree, as I did on all my previous cars. I learned the lesson on my very first fill when, having topped it as I was accustomed to doing, I removed the nozzle and was treated to the largest projectile gush of gas I've seen since the first time I filled gas myself -- in 1975. Don't try to overstuff it, and then it's a huge non-issue.

7. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have major issues with the bladder, it is driving me crazy, any suggestions?

8. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(massimo @ Aug 21 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]307268[/snapback]</div>
    I found a good urologist and everything cleared right up :rolleyes:

But in my Prius I also got the gas-gush one time and it put me off smoking for a while. I found the problem that time was with an over-eager gas pump that just hated to shut off. I figured this out after putting about 12 gallons in. (I'm kinda slow....) :blink:

The tank was over-full and the pump was returning the excess gas to the sender, at my expense.

If you have regular difficulty, try another station and quit at the first click.

Oh, and congratulations to Snow. You'll love it. Does any other car have such a following as this????

9. tazman

tazman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Same here with the overstuff in gas, just trying to get too much gas in. No problems since with the other fillups. Enjo your new Prius, i've had mine just under one month and Love it!!