1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My New Rims

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by kieu, Dec 23, 2012.

1. kieu

kieu New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Hiya!
    I just wanted to post a few pics of my new rims for the prius c. I was having trouble deciding which ones to pick. My ultimate decision were the Konig Feather 15 inch

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    Personally, I am super happy with my decision! My first pick was the Konig Forward white with pink lip but that wouldn't have gone very well with my magnetic gray color. Yayy! I hope this helps somebody.
    Anyone notice the pink valve covers?? hehe. :) :p (y)

TNGator, BlueStreakinC3inIN and F8L like this.
  2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  3. innerpri

innerpri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Looks good! What is the % of your tint?

4. shawnfrontier

shawnfrontier New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Looks good. Didn't notice the pink valve steam covers. Been thinking about getting some different rims for mine for the summer.

5. kieu

kieu New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Thanks! I am not sure of the percent because the dealership already had it on the car when I got it. But they are 3m window tint. I'll ask my dealership and will let you know!

6. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I like those quite a lot!

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very nice! :)

8. Revan86

Revan86 Animal nerd and alt car guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I've been eyeing those same wheels a while now. Cool to see em on the same car as I have lol.

9. TNGator

TNGator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Looks great(y) Are you thinking about any more mods?

10. kieu

kieu New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    they have 50% tint on =)

11. kieu

kieu New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Thanks TNGator! I want to get some extra lights on the inside. Maybe under the seats or something. It feel like its too dark. Still looking around and researching.

12. kieu

kieu New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    I think they look nice too! Far better than stock!

13. filipinoof07

filipinoof07 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    How much do nice wheels and tires generally run you?

And did you see any hit in MPGs?

14. Priusxrs

Priusxrs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I was looking at these rims for sometime. They seem lightweight so I wouldnt think they would hit too hard on the mpg. I could be wrong though since its not just bout weight of the rims. They look great either way.

15. dolfanpete

dolfanpete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    looks awesome! I'm curious what size did you get? I am shopping for rims now too. but i'm not sure if i should get the exact same size as the stock wheels, i dont really want to compromise gas mileage /performance....also, where they very expensive? i have seen the exact size of the stock wheel/hub cap for as little as 85$ a wheel.

16. TNGator

TNGator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wouldn't go larger than 16 inch and more than 17 to 20 lbs a wheel if your concerned about mpg's. However, the tire make the biggest impact. You really need to buy a LLR tire and keep them inflated to max tire pressure or very close to max. In addition, don't get a tire that is more than 7 inches wide. Trust me, I did 3 months of research on this. You can find good deals at discount tire and tire rack. The sales people will answer all your questions and give you the best options. You don't have to have a dealer in your town either. They will ship to a local tire shop and you can get them installed for $15 to $20 a tire. Everyone I talked to about 17 and/or 18 inch wheels took a big hit on mpg's (5 to 10 mpg loss). That was way too much for me. I bought 16 inch Drag DR9 wheels and Good Year Assurance Fuel Max 205/50R16 LLR tires for $1000.00. Good luck(y)

F8L likes this.
  17. dolfanpete

dolfanpete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    thanks Gator! How has your fuel economy been since the tire change? any difference if at all? and i noticed in your signature that you have lowering springs? was this because the tires were too big or you just wanted a lower look...and what is a eco tuner?...sorry for all the questions but i wanna start modding my c now. i've had it since september and am just now getting new speakers, amps installed this week. then i'm working on the rims...and i'll go from there. with different lights front and back etc....thanks for any info!!

18. TNGator

TNGator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Fuel economy is about 50 to 52 mpg and is better than stock by 2 mpg. However, I haven't had the new setup very long. I'm still on my second tank of gas. I went with H&R lowering springs for the look and better handling. Eco Tuner is an ironic term of endearment for my car. The irony is that I bought the car to save money on fuel, but then spend the savings on tuning/modding the car. So I really don't save money, hence the name, ECO (economic) TUNER. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Maybe I am? LOL:LOL:

19. dolfanpete

dolfanpete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    did you get the drag dr9's from tire rack, and then buy the tires from your local garage..or did you get those from the net too? are those 205/60/15's low profile? i'd love to see some pics...

20. dolfanpete

dolfanpete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    wait a minute. i just noticed you have a prius....not the c? not sure if they'd fit similarly since the C is smaller...back to the drawing board?