1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My new tablet Mount

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Sandiery, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Sandiery

Sandiery New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Guys & Gals!

I've had a tablet mounting conundrum since my first tablet back in 2010. I just couldn't get a mount that was to my satisfaction. With my various tries I ended up with one of the following:
    -Straight up crappy mounts that would have the tablet slumping downwards at the slightest road bump
    -Vent mount that ended up destroying of the my vents
    -Vacuum mount that would send the table either flying into the cabin whenever i had a brutal stop (had a lot of those back when I was driving a Audi in my "thundercating" days.
    -Cd slot mount? With a 10" tablet I can't see my entune display and putting it higher encroaches on the windshield view.

I basically gave up on tablet mounts until I realized how relatively difficult it is (compared to google voice) to find anything with the factory Nav. Having already paid for the factory nav (actually was more interested in the other features of the touring package) I figured it would be stupid to replace it with an aftermarket unit (and how would I ever justify that expense to wifey.... :eek:).

The solution: A stone to kill many birds

I got a floor 22" metal floor mount that would basically set the tablet right next to the entune display. With my asus padfone which I bought along with a docking station (which is basically just a battery and a screen the brains stay with the phone) back in November, I slide the phone in and there goes my 10" display connected and ready without tethering or none of the sort. The tablet is snap on/ snap off so no issue with the other "in dash" solution with summer heat/wind cold/ always 100% Soc. I yes I still get to use the tablet at home. Yeah I know about the partly broken digitizer, that's the handy work of my 2year old, still functional, but will likely soon grab a replacement from ebay.

Attached Files:

Burna J and Robert Holt like this.
  2. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    youtube, netflix, priuschat... while on that boring commute is now possible!!:cool::whistle:

Nice setup and a whole lot better than the stock nav screen! Do you have the link to where you bought it by chance? Thx.

3. Sandiery

Sandiery New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I grabbed it from amazon. It was $79 when I did. You can probably shop around for it cheaper somewhere else.
    Ok look likes the link won't show up. If you search for Amzer 22" floor tablet mount you'll find it.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done, very 'tesla-ish'!(y)

5. C.R.E.A.M.

C.R.E.A.M. Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model: