1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My official "I need help finding a Prius" thread.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hv74656, Aug 22, 2006.

1. hv74656

hv74656 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, after one year of being a PriusChat member, I am finally sending out the call for help. I was planning on sending this out around November, but circumstances beyond my control require me to have a car by late September/early October, or lose my job. However, I am actually way ahead as far as money for a down payment on a car.

Now to the point of this post. I need anyone’s help finding an affordable Prius. There are two things that can happen. If I can find an absolute base model 2006 Prius, no extras at all, before September 30th, 2006 (when the full tax credit expires), I can get a new car. If I can’t find a new Prius before then, I need to find a sub-$19000 used Prius. Below are my “criteria†for a car.
    New Prius
    Must be absolute base model. Not even a PKG 1, because I can’t afford it.
    Absolutely no SE Toyota add-ons (rust proofing, VIN etching, that kind of junk)
    Can be any color, even though I don’t like beige, I can’t be picky on short notice.
    Can be at any dealer in the lower 48 states (can’t drive back from Hawaii).
    Price has to be MSRP or lower.

Used Prius
    Any 2004-2006 model.
    Can be any package as long as it costs less than $19k.
    Less than 70,000 miles on the odometer.
    Any color except beige, unless it costs less than $16.
    Can be located in any of the lower 48 states.
    Absolutely NO salvage, rebuilt, flood, or wrecked titles (I’ll still Car Fax whatever you send me).

I’m not asking everyone who reads this to drop everything just to find a Prius for some random person, but if you just happen to be reading the classifieds and see a Prius that meets my criteria, just PM me or something. If you know a really good dealer or a dealer that sells below MSRP, then don’t hesitate to PM me either. And finally, I’d just really like to thank everyone on PriusChat that has made this site such a great resource for owners and non-owners alike. Danny really should get a million dollar referral bonus just for all the people his site has influenced on buying a Prius.
    Thanks to Everyone.

2. rebbi

rebbi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hv74656 @ Aug 22 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]307800[/snapback]</div>
    The Toyota dealer in Irving Texas has a couple of black Base models in stock. I just spoke to the dealer today. Ask for Mr. Self (blanking on his first name.)

Good luck!

Steve

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Longo Toyota has a used white 2004 w/67K miles on the odo for $20,988. Not sure what package # though. Pretty nice-looking.

http://www.longotoyota.com/en_US/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you call them, ask for Ken Koshiro or Heacher (rhymes w/teacher) Yoon. They were the salesguys I worked with and both were fantastic-no sneaky dealer add-ons (MSRP for new). Either one might be able to work you a deal below 20K on the used white 2004, or see if they have any base models in stock or arriving soon. They're the largest Toyota dealer in the country.

Have you checked around on Autotrader?

Here's a quick Autotrader search of all new & used 2004-2006 Prii under $20K

4. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hv74656 @ Aug 22 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]307800[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, for less than $16, I'd even take a Prius in beige (aka driftwood pearl). ;) :p