1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Own Personal Murphy's Law

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jdb-44, May 7, 2004.

1. jdb-44

jdb-44 Junior Member

Hello,

I got my Prius late this afternoon--they drove it out from West Virginia to Illinois...unfortunately, I have this tendency to have things happen to cloud the joy of such wonderful occasions, and I was wondering if anyone could offer any words of wisdom?

Issue 1: when signing the paperwork, I encountered one of the gotchas I read about on Edmunds: I'd already been given a rate and monthly payment by the sales guy, but one of the documents I had to sign says that the financing is still subject to approval, which could result in a demand for additional money down and/or a rate change. Yikes! I immediately had them call the dealer. I expressed my concern, and the salesperson assured me I was locked in on the figures we agreed upon. What do you think, am I in for trouble here? I put down a lot on the car, and I have a fine credit rating--will those factors keep me safe? Or am I screwed?

Issue 2: Being excited and not terribly focused, I drove off in my new car, wondering why it seemed sluggish for about a 1/4 mile...and then I realized THE EFFING PARKING BRAKE WAS ON. I even thought I smelled something heating up. I immediately got onto a median found the parking brake and released it. The car seemed fine afterwards...but once again, am I screwed?

Sigh. It's still a bitchin' car. While going through the carwash, I was able to store my home address and have Ms. Prius help me navigate.

Jared

2. peart75

peart75 New Member

#1 - i think that's probably if they find someone has a bad credit rating so they up the % for the higher risk. i would think this is typical.

#2 - happens to everyone, at worst it's fixable. try parking on a grade and engage the parking brake alone, see if the car slides easily or if it holds. if it holds, i wouldn't worry about it, just be careful in the future.

-drew