1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My personal best for a single trip.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by LaughingMan, Jun 25, 2006.

1. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Nothing too dramatic or earth-shattering, but yesterday I was able to get a pretty good round trip mileage for about a 60 mile drive.

Temperature around here was about 70 degrees. It had rained the night before, and it was definitely drizzling a bit for the whole day. A pretty yucky day, but I had some errands to run.

The mix of driving was predominately local roads and 2 lane highways with limits less than 50 MPH. There was one 5 mile stretch on I-95, but other than that, no real serious highway speeds. I had about 4 stops along the way. When I got back home, I'd driven 60 miles, and the MFD read 63.7 MPG. :)

Usually my average mileage is in the ballpark of high 40s and low 50s, but that's because I have a short 3 mile trip to work every day that kills my mileage because of the warmup period. This time I'd just refilled on Saturday before my errands.

So while my lifetime average is still hovering around 48 MPG, it's very nice to think that if it wasn't for the short wasteful trip every day to work, my potential for MPG would be much much higher as my technique is right now. :D