1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius' Backside

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Gasolean, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Gasolean

Gasolean Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok I took a picture of my Prius' bumper. I want to take more pictures but its overcast today and there's nowhere pretty to take a picture. Plus I just moved her less than a week ago and the poor car is filthy and needs a wash. I live in a massive apartment complex so I can't wash it by hand and I don't know where there is a car wash around these parts. Anyway, I wanted to get a picture up of my Prius. I'm proud of it. I for one love bumber stickers and especially when I am stuck in traffic or driving I like some reading material. So I gave people plenty of reading material. I got custom saddle blanket seat covers made (I train horses) on the inside for the fronts. I'll try and get a picture of those too at some point. Other than that my ride isn't really as pimped out as I'd like it to be. =)

And I'm just rying to figure out his picture posting thing....so it might not work!

[​IMG]

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Kindred spirits, I see :)
    I put my big blue marble on the gas door...
    Don't you miss the visibility through the lower hatch window?

Oh, and I love your pent. Where did you find that one?

3. Gasolean

Gasolean Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Aug 30 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]504374[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, kindred =) My prius's name is "the lorax" and it took me awhile to find a Lorax sticker! The stickers are actually on pretty low so I still have pretty good visibility on the lower hatch window. You know there's a slight black space? Most of the stickers are way down there. I never have any visibility problems out the back. For me its the blind spots on the sides. I put on those blind spot mirrors and they help some.

I'm not really sure wher I got the pentagram. I remember I had to search all of for one that is nice and not toooooo obvious. I got it offline somewhere. I thnk actually ebay.

4. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not for me, but a refreshing change from all the WHINING from people about being "forced" to put "ugly" HOV stickers on their car. To each their own. Besides the Prius logo stickers, I have Specialized Bikes sticker, Toyota United Cycling team sticker, and the "ugly" HOVs. The Prius is a great blank canvas, make yours "your own".

5. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My poor little thing is so scratched up from the dog and all, that stickers will be needed to improve the appearance...I especially like the "Frodo failed" sticker!

6. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like the back of a VW combi van!! I like several of those but some, straight over my head.
    My fave, the fish with legs. I want one of those.

7. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    FAHRFROMFUELEN ! :lol:

8. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I hate stickers/decals etc. on cars. In today's world, one need not give anyone a reason to single you out for any reason. Decals, stickers, etc. which convey person beliefs/values, etc. just invite trouble IMHO. (Coming from someone who was a cop for 25 years.)

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    While I have opinions and sometimes want to scream them at people, I simply would be uncomfortable wearing it on my <strike>sleave</strike> car like that. The vinyl cut-out of the guy shooting himself in the head with gasoline (a la Darrell) caused me pause.

10. Bear68

Bear68 Member

AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!!!

11. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Aug 30 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]504619[/snapback]</div>
    I sure hope you got you found the play button again!

12. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Aug 30 2007, 07:02 PM) [snapback]504653[/snapback]</div>
    Ever stopped to think... and then forget to start? :D

13. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gasolean @ Aug 30 2007, 10:43 AM) [snapback]504389[/snapback]</div>
    A So. Cal friend has "Lorax" as her license plate.

There is a "slight" black space of a cm or two... but your stickers are right smack in the middle of that lower window. Now sure I understand how they could be out of visibility.

"Blind spot" mirrors are not needed if your mirrors are adjusted correctly.
    http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/mirrors/

14. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gasolean @ Aug 30 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]504371[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, but only three of them are on your bumber! :)

15. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'll admit, when I first got Rudy, my thought was "Look at all that billboard space!"
    However, I removed the first bumpersticker I put on, and haven't found any that I really want.
    I do have window clings in the back, triangular windows, and the big blue marble on the gas door (Dear Hubby wanted that one)... the silver emblems I added beside the license plate are almost too much, but I wanted the peace symbol for sure, and the pent is as much about balance as it is to make a statement.

then, there are the decals. so, it's getting a little busy back there.

You know, that is funny... "the pent is about balance"... because, it is :D

16. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Aug 30 2007, 07:39 PM) [snapback]504606[/snapback]</div>
    I've been tempted but thought some a** might express his contrary opinions on my car. Also thought of just hanging stickers in the back so I can rotate them.

I love these, BTW! I'd like to get one that says "Hogwarts Alumni" :lol:

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wow, and people complain about the dealers putting a medalion on the rear-end.....

I think bumperstickers are tacky, and it lets the republican SUV drivers know who to tailgate & cut off in traffic.... ;)

18. toronado455

toronado455 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Aug 30 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]504606[/snapback]</div>
    Personally, I agree with this. And another reason I don't put stickers on my car is because I think it "junks up" the look.

The flip side however is that in a free society people ought to feel free to express themselves without too much fear of retaliation. Otherwise we'll all end up like sheep following the herd in an effort to "blend in" for fear of drawing any attention to oneself.

19. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    What I need is a set of interchangeable letters and a clear bracket (sort of like the movie "now playing" signs) so I could put up a bumper sticker du jour. But someone would probably steal the letters (or rearrange them, which might be interesting).

20. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Somehow it seems that everyone has missed the best one, the license plate GASOLEAN. I am not a fan of political or religious stickers because in this world most people think their veiws and beliefs are the only ones that matter and it is a sure way of some radical nut singling you out. Although its cool that you like to express yourself this way.